Public Enemy brings 'Fear' to S. Fla.
The hip-hop group will perform September 17 at Revolution Live.
200 West Broward Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
Public Enemy, the powerhouse hip-hop group that has provided fiery political rhymes and hard-hitting boom-bap beats for 23 years, will take the stage at the intimate Revolution Live in Fort Lauderdale on Friday, Sept. 17.
Currently consisting of authoritative MC Chuck D, court jester Flavor Flav, Professor Griff, DJ Lord, and of course the militaristic S1W troupe, the collective typically performs with a full band.
The show is part of a tour celebrating the 20th anniversary of P.E.'s third album, Fear of a Black Planet, which spawned socially- and politically-charged anthems like "911 Is A Joke," "Welcome To The Terrordome," and their biggest hit, "Fight The Power," which also appeared in Spike Lee's 1989 film Do The Right Thing.
Despite Flavor Flav's reality show fame in recent years, Public Enemy tours are infrequent. You definitely don't want to miss out on this opportunity.
A plethora of Miami talent will open the show: Hip-hop fusion band ¡Mayday!, rapper Garcia, and foul-mouthed funkster Blowfly.
Tickets are available now at Ticketmaster for a very reasonable $24, even though pesky service charges will bump that price up by almost $10.
Music in Miami
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says
- Phil Collins unable to sing Saturday night at his foundation’s gala on Miami Beach
- The Hot Sardines bring infectious jazz sound to South Miami on Saturday
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- American Authors bring alt-rock sound to Revolution
- French chanteuse SoKo opens for Foster the People at the Fillmore Miami Beach