Pubbelly's Italian sibling Macchialina Taverna Rustica opens Tuesday
Rustic Italian by ex Scarpetta chef Michael Pirolo
820 Alton Rd.
Not straying too far from it's porky roots, Macchialina, pronounced ( mah-kia-li-na ), is derived from the words Macchia meaning “mark or spot” and Maialina meaning “ piglet.” And after three months of permiting and anticipation, the rustic Italian relative of Pubbelly opens in the space formerly known as Sylvano at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26.
Featuring the cuisine of ex Scarpetta chef Michael Pirolo, Macchialina's menu features an emphasis on "simple, clean flavors, fresh ingredients and rustic accents." Highlights of that menu include selections of salumi, antipastos including a polenta board with cippolinis, sweetbreads and sausage, house made pizzas served Naples or New York City-style, and home made pastas including Pirolo's signature taleggio and braised shortrib lasagna and Cavatelli Macchialina with ragu Napoletano and pecorino.
Wines hail from predominantly old world boutique Italian wineries; there are also 10 American & European craft beers. Most wines on the list are under $60 dollars. For the harder stuff, expect re-imagined classic cocktails made with prosecco, aperitifs and digestives.
The restaurant wil serve dinner from 6 p.m. to midnight Tuesday through Sunday with dinner served until 1 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. A familys tyle brunch is scheduled for sometime in the Fall.
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage
- ROK: BGR hosts Fall Beer Festival this Wednesday