Pubbelly's Italian sibling Macchialina Taverna Rustica opens Tuesday
Rustic Italian by ex Scarpetta chef Michael Pirolo
Not straying too far from it's porky roots, Macchialina, pronounced ( mah-kia-li-na ), is derived from the words Macchia meaning “mark or spot” and Maialina meaning “ piglet.” And after three months of permiting and anticipation, the rustic Italian relative of Pubbelly opens in the space formerly known as Sylvano at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, June 26.
Featuring the cuisine of ex Scarpetta chef Michael Pirolo, Macchialina's menu features an emphasis on "simple, clean flavors, fresh ingredients and rustic accents." Highlights of that menu include selections of salumi, antipastos including a polenta board with cippolinis, sweetbreads and sausage, house made pizzas served Naples or New York City-style, and home made pastas including Pirolo's signature taleggio and braised shortrib lasagna and Cavatelli Macchialina with ragu Napoletano and pecorino.
Wines hail from predominantly old world boutique Italian wineries; there are also 10 American & European craft beers. Most wines on the list are under $60 dollars. For the harder stuff, expect re-imagined classic cocktails made with prosecco, aperitifs and digestives.
The restaurant wil serve dinner from 6 p.m. to midnight Tuesday through Sunday with dinner served until 1 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays. A familys tyle brunch is scheduled for sometime in the Fall.
820 Alton Rd.
- Free Food, Drink & More at My Ceviche Midtown's 3-Day Grand Opening Block Party Dec. 16
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress