Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
Pubbelly fish shack serving seafood and spirits 5-7 p.m. Monday through Friday
Just when you thought the Pubbelly trio was content with their massively successful mini-empire, they decide to shack things up with PB Fish, a weekday seafood shack within PB Steak launching Tuesday, April 8, and featuring affordable seafood specialties and rum based cocktails from 5 to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Inspired somewhat by the ocean side seafood shacks of his native Puerto Rico, Chef Jose Mendin's menu will feature:
Raw Shack ($1-MP) with choices of East Coast Oysters with Ponzu mignonette; Little Neck Cla Tabasco sangrita and PEI Mussels “a la chalaca”; as well as stone crab claws, a ceviche of the day, Tuna Tartare Sliders with ginger, sea lettuce, tofu mayo; Black Bass Crudo with miso lime vinaigretta, pecans and palmitos, or Mendin’s famous PB Steak Taquitos.
Shack Snacks ($7-$22) boast cravables including Croquetas de Seafood with lobster coral aioli; New England Clam Chowder Dumplings; Crispy Clam Bellies with lemon, and spicy coleslaw; and Miso Black Cod in butter lettuce wraps with pickles and kataifi.
Shackwiches ($9-$22) are available in half or full size with fries and such as Maine Lobster with ry and yuzu; Fried Clams with coleslaw and lemon; Calamari or Shrimp Po’ Boy topped with coleslaw; and a Grilled Local Mahi Club.
They will also offer a PB Fish Catch of the Day based on what fisherman bring in that morning and what Mendin's inspired to create.
"We’re so excited to launch this concept,” says one third of the Pubbelly trifecta, Andreas Schreiner. “We envision folks coming right off the beach or from a day of paddle boarding, and sitting back to have a small bite and cocktail or two as the sun sets over the harbor. It’s really a beautiful time to be in and outside the restaurant and we wanted to showcase that."
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton