Pubbelly gives birth to Mexican pop-up, Taco Belly, launching lunchtime July 3 at PB Steak
Pubbelly-style taqueria open noon-4 M-F
Joining Pirolo's Panino is Taco Belly, the Pubbelly gang's latest foray into non-commital lunch, arising at noon on July 3 in the PB Steak space. Serving noon to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday, Taco Belly brings chef/partner Jose Mendin back to his days as corporate chef of Mercadito with dishes fusing the traditional with the Pubbelly. Taco Belly will fill yours through the summer. Here's a sneak peek at the menu:
Small plates ($3-$9) include made-to-order guacamoles; Hamachi, Maine lobster and mahi-mahi Ceviche Taquitos; Quesadillas de Elote (roasted corn on the cob quesadillas) with charred sweet corn, mushrooms, huitlacoche (corn mushroom) and truffle; Queso Fundido (melted cheese) – Chihuahua cheese, braised short rib and poblano rajas (poblano pepper strips); and Queso sin Fundir – whipped burrata cheese with pickled onions, morrones (peppers), corn and coleslaw, served with warm tortillas. Salads and Sandwiches ($6-$10) include the Ensalada Taco Belly - romaine, corn, pico de gallo, radishes, avocado, beans and chipotle ranch; La Mexican Burger topped with guacamole, crema and queso fundido; and the Tostada de Bacon with house made bacon, salsa roja, heirloom tomatoes, queso, and crema Mexicana on a flat crunchy tortilla. Sides ($2-$4) elote Mexicano (Mexican-style roasted corn on the cob); frijoles charros (stewed pinto beans) and chiles toreados (roasted jalapeño peppers).
Tacos ($3-$6) include Carne Asada – marinated skirt steak, rajas, cheese foam, frites ; Pescado (fish), served estilo baja style (fried) or grilled with chipotle spicy slaw; the spicy Camaron a la Diabla – roasted laughing bird shrimp, chipotle, crema, and avocado; Mole – braised chicken, mole sauce, queso cotija and crema fresca; Cochinillo – braised suckling pig, apple and fennel slaw; Calamar Frito - fried calamari, tartare sauce, celery root and lemon; Bulgogi – Korean marinated steak, house kimchee and sesame seeds.
1787 Purdy Ave.
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover