Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
Open since January 2013, PB Steak will close Aug. 3 and may relocate to Miami.
When one door opens, another shuts. Or something like that.
The Pubbelly Boys, riding high off last month's opening of L'echon Brasserie in the Hilton Cabana Miami Beach, are closing their steakhouse concept in Miami Beach, citing rising rent.
Effective this Sunday, Aug. 3, PB Steak is done. At least at its current location in Sunset Harbour.
"We truly enjoyed giving our locals a Pubbelly-style steakhouse concept over this past year," managing partner Andreas Schreiner says in a statement. "Unfortunately, the rising costs of real estate would not have allowed us to continue to operate PB Steak without raising our prices, which would go against our commitment to our customers."
The closing of PB Steak also marks the end of PB Fish, a pop-up-turned-permanent fish shack that existed as a less-expensive, seafood-focused restaurant within the steakhouse.
The restaurant group, which opened PB Steak in January 2013, is looking at possible sites in Miami — including midtown, the Design District, Wynwood and the Biscayne Corridor — to relocate the steakhouse. Meanwhile, the group also says it has plans to expand the Pubbelly brand "both nationally and internationally."
Schreiner and partners Sergio Navarro and Jose Mendin (pictured) will continue to operate their three restaurants just up the block from PB Steak -- the original Pubbelly gastropub, Pubbelly Sushi and Barceloneta -- as well as the new L'echon.
Pubbelly's mini-empire used to include a second Barceloneta concept in South Miami as well as Macchialina in South Beach; Barceloneta now has its own management team running its day-to-day operations, and Macchialina is independently owned and operated.
- Truffles and caviar on menu at Haven craft beer dinner in Miami Beach
- Interactive brunch benefits United Way of Miami-Dade
- Scott Conant of Scarpetta to open restaurant in Turnberry Isle in Aventura
- Zuma partners to open Tamarina restaurant in Miami
- Sesame Street adventures, character storytime & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Tapas and beer for $20 this month in Miami
- What's the Best? Five Spots for Late-Night Food in Miami
- 7 restaurant events to check out this month
- Mojito madness arrives at Villa Mayfair Friday, Sept 5
- What's the Best? 5 Supreme Sausages