Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
Open since January 2013, PB Steak will close Aug. 3 and may relocate to Miami.
When one door opens, another shuts. Or something like that.
The Pubbelly Boys, riding high off last month's opening of L'echon Brasserie in the Hilton Cabana Miami Beach, are closing their steakhouse concept in Miami Beach, citing rising rent.
Effective this Sunday, Aug. 3, PB Steak is done. At least at its current location in Sunset Harbour.
"We truly enjoyed giving our locals a Pubbelly-style steakhouse concept over this past year," managing partner Andreas Schreiner says in a statement. "Unfortunately, the rising costs of real estate would not have allowed us to continue to operate PB Steak without raising our prices, which would go against our commitment to our customers."
The closing of PB Steak also marks the end of PB Fish, a pop-up-turned-permanent fish shack that existed as a less-expensive, seafood-focused restaurant within the steakhouse.
The restaurant group, which opened PB Steak in January 2013, is looking at possible sites in Miami — including midtown, the Design District, Wynwood and the Biscayne Corridor — to relocate the steakhouse. Meanwhile, the group also says it has plans to expand the Pubbelly brand "both nationally and internationally."
Schreiner and partners Sergio Navarro and Jose Mendin (pictured) will continue to operate their three restaurants just up the block from PB Steak -- the original Pubbelly gastropub, Pubbelly Sushi and Barceloneta -- as well as the new L'echon.
Pubbelly's mini-empire used to include a second Barceloneta concept in South Miami as well as Macchialina in South Beach; Barceloneta now has its own management team running its day-to-day operations, and Macchialina is independently owned and operated.
- Doubling down: Chefs Jeff McInnis and Janine Booth to open second Miami Beach restaurant
- The List: 10 best Miami restaurants with Sugar Factory's chef
- Miami food events: Pubbelly gets fishy, Vagabond chef Alex Chang cooks at Fooq's
- 9 new Asian restaurants in Miami and Miami Beach
- 5 restaurant openings to know about in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Jimmy Carey of Jimmy'z Kitchen
- 51 restaurants serving Thanksgiving in Miami and Fort Lauderdale
- Taste of Design gala is Saturday at the Moore Building in Miami
- Miami's 10 best restaurants with chef Makoto Okuwa
- Giveaway: Win tickets to Savor the Season party in Brickell