Pubbelly Boys to close PB Steak in Miami Beach
Open since January 2013, PB Steak will close Aug. 3 and may relocate to Miami.
When one door opens, another shuts. Or something like that.
The Pubbelly Boys, riding high off last month's opening of L'echon Brasserie in the Hilton Cabana Miami Beach, are closing their steakhouse concept in Miami Beach, citing rising rent.
Effective this Sunday, Aug. 3, PB Steak is done. At least at its current location in Sunset Harbour.
"We truly enjoyed giving our locals a Pubbelly-style steakhouse concept over this past year," managing partner Andreas Schreiner says in a statement. "Unfortunately, the rising costs of real estate would not have allowed us to continue to operate PB Steak without raising our prices, which would go against our commitment to our customers."
The closing of PB Steak also marks the end of PB Fish, a pop-up-turned-permanent fish shack that existed as a less-expensive, seafood-focused restaurant within the steakhouse.
The restaurant group, which opened PB Steak in January 2013, is looking at possible sites in Miami — including midtown, the Design District, Wynwood and the Biscayne Corridor — to relocate the steakhouse. Meanwhile, the group also says it has plans to expand the Pubbelly brand "both nationally and internationally."
Schreiner and partners Sergio Navarro and Jose Mendin (pictured) will continue to operate their three restaurants just up the block from PB Steak -- the original Pubbelly gastropub, Pubbelly Sushi and Barceloneta -- as well as the new L'echon.
Pubbelly's mini-empire used to include a second Barceloneta concept in South Miami as well as Macchialina in South Beach; Barceloneta now has its own management team running its day-to-day operations, and Macchialina is independently owned and operated.
1787 Purdy Ave., Miami Beach
- A barbecued grilled cheese with Heat -- Miami Heat, that is
- Here's why you should call Dolores ... Miami Smokers for the summer
- We ordered free ice cream from UberEATS. Here's what happened
- South of Spice dining event is a luxurious taste of South Beach
- These 9 Miami food and cocktail events are so good we can't pick just one
- Why this chef wants to bring fine dining to Cuba
- Uber will bring you free ice cream Friday
- Miami Chefs Taking Their Talents to Casa de Campo For a Weekend
- How this Indian restaurant is raising the foodie game in Kendall
- How you can get your gourmet doughnut fix in Miami Beach