Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
Case goes to trial
lawsuit has been filed against X Factor judge Paulina Rubio by several entities including a Miami businessman after Rubio failed to show up for a scheduled concert in the city of Tunja, Colombia. While her band and manager did show up, Rubio didn't make her flight and as a result forced the cancellation of the show resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Rubio contends that she isn't personally responsible for the damages, but a Miami judge ruled recently that a jury will decide that, so the case is now set to go to trial.
“The lawsuit against Ms. Paulina Rubio arises from her breach of contract...resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars and disappointing thousands of fans,” stated attorney Jay M. Levy. “My clients, who include a Miami businessman and governmental organizations in Colombia, deserve to be compensated for the losses they endured.”
On Our Radar
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love