Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
Case goes to trial
lawsuit has been filed against X Factor judge Paulina Rubio by several entities including a Miami businessman after Rubio failed to show up for a scheduled concert in the city of Tunja, Colombia. While her band and manager did show up, Rubio didn't make her flight and as a result forced the cancellation of the show resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Rubio contends that she isn't personally responsible for the damages, but a Miami judge ruled recently that a jury will decide that, so the case is now set to go to trial.
“The lawsuit against Ms. Paulina Rubio arises from her breach of contract...resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars and disappointing thousands of fans,” stated attorney Jay M. Levy. “My clients, who include a Miami businessman and governmental organizations in Colombia, deserve to be compensated for the losses they endured.”
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood