Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
Case goes to trial
lawsuit has been filed against X Factor judge Paulina Rubio by several entities including a Miami businessman after Rubio failed to show up for a scheduled concert in the city of Tunja, Colombia. While her band and manager did show up, Rubio didn't make her flight and as a result forced the cancellation of the show resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Rubio contends that she isn't personally responsible for the damages, but a Miami judge ruled recently that a jury will decide that, so the case is now set to go to trial.
“The lawsuit against Ms. Paulina Rubio arises from her breach of contract...resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars and disappointing thousands of fans,” stated attorney Jay M. Levy. “My clients, who include a Miami businessman and governmental organizations in Colombia, deserve to be compensated for the losses they endured.”
On Our Radar
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest