Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
Case goes to trial
lawsuit has been filed against X Factor judge Paulina Rubio by several entities including a Miami businessman after Rubio failed to show up for a scheduled concert in the city of Tunja, Colombia. While her band and manager did show up, Rubio didn't make her flight and as a result forced the cancellation of the show resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Rubio contends that she isn't personally responsible for the damages, but a Miami judge ruled recently that a jury will decide that, so the case is now set to go to trial.
“The lawsuit against Ms. Paulina Rubio arises from her breach of contract...resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars and disappointing thousands of fans,” stated attorney Jay M. Levy. “My clients, who include a Miami businessman and governmental organizations in Colombia, deserve to be compensated for the losses they endured.”
On Our Radar
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central