Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
Case goes to trial
lawsuit has been filed against X Factor judge Paulina Rubio by several entities including a Miami businessman after Rubio failed to show up for a scheduled concert in the city of Tunja, Colombia. While her band and manager did show up, Rubio didn't make her flight and as a result forced the cancellation of the show resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars. Rubio contends that she isn't personally responsible for the damages, but a Miami judge ruled recently that a jury will decide that, so the case is now set to go to trial.
“The lawsuit against Ms. Paulina Rubio arises from her breach of contract...resulting in the loss of hundreds of thousands of dollars and disappointing thousands of fans,” stated attorney Jay M. Levy. “My clients, who include a Miami businessman and governmental organizations in Colombia, deserve to be compensated for the losses they endured.”
On Our Radar
- Mario Chalmers: It's going to be an exciting Miami Heat season
- Spied around Miami: ARod, Katy Perry's ex, Shaq
- Million Dollar Listing Miami in trouble?
- Dwayne "The Rock Johnson filming football show in Miami
- Sofia Vergara & Joe Mangianello continue romance-fest in Miami
- Maria Menounos talks new show, book and dieting
- Is Star Island losing its luster?
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules