Printmaking techniques at the Lowe
Take a tour through the Lowe Museum at the University of Miami and see some of the old school printmaking techniques.
Lowe Art Museum, University of Miami
1301 Stanford Drive
Coral Gables, 33124
Early printmaking techniques are on display at the Lowe Art Museum - an exhibit that was put together by seven undergrad students at UM.
It's all part of a collaborative program called ArtLab@The Lowe where every spring, students create an exhibition that will be displayed at the museum for a year.
Some of the works include an engraving of King Louis XIV circa the mid-1600's and a self portrait of Thomas Frye dated 1760-1762.
The exhibit runs through April 25, 2010.
See and Do
- Flamenco legend Antonio Canales performs with 'Siudy Between Worlds' at the Arsht Center
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos
- Copperbridge festival of Cuban culture in Miami offers engagement with island artists