Eat, drink & be merry for less at these unofficial SBWFF 2011 satellite events
Boxed out of Burger Bash? Too tapped for the Tribute Dinner? Head to one of these satellite events…
- Eden South Beach hosts a Share Our Strength fundraiser, "In the Kitchen With Christopher Lee," Thursday with seatings at 6:30 and 9 p.m. for a $125 prix fixe menu designed by the New York chef. Twenty percent of the proceeds will benefit the chef's anti-hunger charity; 305-397-8760, www.edensouthbeach.com.
- The Ritz Carlton SoBe hosts the official Burger Bash tomorrow night, but it’s offering dining specials – and a front row seat to all the Beachside action - all weekend long. From Thursday to Saturday (Feb 24-26) DiLido Beach Club chef Josh Becker will be grilling daily a la carte specials for hungry crowds. Thursday bite into the foie gras Torchon burger (featured at Burger Bash), Friday pork two ways and Saturday an all-you-can-eat chilled seafood display.
- The Forge partners with Joseph Phelps Vineyards to host its second Wine Dinner Series on Saturday, Feb 26. The six-course feast pairs specialties from chef Dewey LoSasso like cobia and chanterelle strudel, crispy duck wontons, Maine lobster peanut butter & jelly and seared Creekstone filet mignon with six varieties of Joseph Phelps Vineyards wines. $125 per person, reserve at 305-538-8533.
- STK presents a Saturday night Surf & Turf dinner hosted by chef Ralph Pagano (Hell’s Kitchen) and chef/restaurateur Rick Moonen (Top Chef Masters). The feast will pair four courses of sustainable seafood and prime beef with wine and spirits. $150 per person, a portion of proceeds benefit the Boys and Girls Club of America. Reserve at 305-604-6988 or togrp.com/stkmiami
- Vino e Olio is celebrating SBWFF with the Friday night launch of its new spring menu. Inspired by Tuscan springtime, the new menu features lower priced starters and entrees. Highlights include organic eggplant Parmesan, veal sweetbreads, handmade pappardelle with Bolognese ragu and Chilean sea bass. Come Saturday night, the restaurant will host hors d’oeuvres for Wine + Dine + Design and be open to the public (the only WDD restaurant open to the public that night).
- Sip and mingle with the industry crowd Feb 25-27 as the Miami Wine & Spirits Expo rolls into the Miami Beach Convention Center. Open to industry insiders and the public, the show blends international distributors of beer, wine and spirits. Tickets $75-$220 at miamiwineexpo.eventbrite.com.