Three course feasts for under $20 - bring it on!
We like a good restaurant week. And we love a good restaurant week with an official cocktail – sheer dining genius! The Third Annual Coral Gables Restaurant Week kicks off this Friday, June 4 with the Taste of the Gables from 6-8pm. The two-hour street festival features samples from 20 participating restaurants & Barcardi mojitos (the aforementioned official cocktail). Invest $10-$15 ($10 in advance, $15 at the door) and get your feast on.
The fun continues June 7-20 as 30 restaurants open their doors for discounted three-course lunch & dinner feasts. Prices vary at each location, but generally range from $10-$25 for lunch and $25 -$40 for dinner. Click here for a complete list of menus & restaurants and read on for our top picks…
- Italian skews affordably highbrow with $24 lunches and $35 dinners at Caffe Abbracci. Lunch includes a salad, veal or fish of the day and profiteroles while dinner features penne with pink sauce, Norwegian salmon and Le Parisienne dessert (sweet brioche filled with chocolate-vanilla cream). Call 305-441-0700 for info & reservations.
- Cure a ceviche craving with a $25 lunchtime feast at La Cofradia. We’re thinking ceviche tapa (Fish of the day, scallops & octopus), baked seafood risotto and a dessert. Call 305-914-1300 for reservations.
- Get your steak fix with dinner at Ruth’s Chris. Break the calorie bank with crab & corn chowder, a 6oz filet & shrimp, creamed spinach and chocolate cake. $35.95, dinner only. Call 305-461-8360.
- Invest $18 at Spris and enjoy a salad, pizza or pasta and a glass of house wine. Lunch or dinner – bring it on! Call 305-444-3388 for reservations.
- An $18 sushi dinner is never a bad thing. Head to Sushi Maki for a family style dinner featuring sushi tacos, edamame, rock shrimp, chicken teriyaki, specialty sushi rolls, fried rice, Thai donuts and tempura ice cream. Call 305-443-1884.
- Go Mexican for lunch or dinner at Talavera and feast on fish tostadas, chile relleno and flan for $25.305-444-2955.