By Solange Reyner
This week is full of Super Bowl hoopla. If you're not interested in all the hype, we've got a list of some off-the-bowl-path events taking place.
• Ne-Yo comes to Miami this Thursday, February 4th, for a concert at the Adrienne Arsht Center and he's donating all the proceeds to the relief efforts taking place in Haiti. The performance, featuring some of his memorable top ten hits including "Closer" and "So Sick," starts at 8 p.m. Tickets start at $35.
• John Mayer is waiting for the world to change, and you can join him this Thursday, February 4th at the BankAtlantic Center. Catch the soulful singer starting at 8 p.m. in Sunrise. Tickets go from $39.75 to $71.
• Dane Cook appears at the BankAtlantic Center way up in Sunrise (that's good for you folks trying to get away from South Beach) in his final stop on his "Isolated Incident" tour this Saturday, February 6th. The show starts at 8 p.m. and tickets can cost you anywhere from $37.75 to $102.75.
• SOS For Haiti - This star studded event by BET is taking place at the American Airlines Arena this Friday, February 5th, with some of the proceeds going towards the relief effors in Haiti. Performances by Ne-Yo, Justin Bieber, Chris Brown, Keri Hilson, Pitbull, Akon, Mary J Blige, and many more are expected. It all starts at 8 p.m.
• Art lovers: get ready to hit Lincoln Road this Saturday, February 6th, for the Lincoln Road/Art Gallery Walk. You'll get to visit more than 40 artists in their studios, including Miguel Paredes, Matu Crone, and the artists-in-residence at the Art Center on Lincoln Road. You'll get to enjoy hors d'oeuvres and wine inside the studios (all at a cost) at the event, which starts at 7 p.m. and goes until 10.
• Can't score Super Bowl tickets - let your dog do it for you at this year's Dog Bowl 2010. That's taking place this Thursday, February 4th, at 9:45 a.m. at Bayside Marketplace. Think refs, playing field and some simple tricks in front of judges (including Steelers' wide receiver Hines Ward).
• Catch the classic 1968 film "The Love Bug" this Saturday, February 6th, at the Gusman Center for the Performing Arts in Miami. The flick starts at noon - but it's probably a good bet to get there a bit early because of Super Bowl traffic.
• Forget the Bowl - get to the Ballet. The Miami City Ballet is putting on Program III this Friday, February 5th through Sunday, February 7th. Check the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts for schedule and prices.
• Catch giants off the field at the World of Giant Insects exhibit at the Miami Metrozoo. It's located at the zoo's Dr. Wilde's World and includes animated robotic insects enlarged 40 to 60 times their actual size. Hello nightmares! Check the Miami Metrozoo website for more info.
• Join Dorothy and Toto at the Wizard of Oz Educational exhibit at the Miami Children's Museum in Miami. This one's for the kiddies (of course), and teaches lessons of personal strength and gifts during the Land of Oz exploration.