Wine, dine & delight as you ring in 2010...
Where, what & when to eat as you ring in 2010...
- 8 oz. Burger Bar is celebrating 2010 by staying open 24 hours on New Years Eve. The official party begins at 1am with a DJ, $5 cocktails and beer specials and continues through the morning of January 1, when 8 oz. launches its new weekend brunch. Dig into the New Years Day feast of omelets, French toast, pancakes and more from 9am-3pm. Call 305-397-8246 for info.
- Celebrate 2010 with A Fish Called Avalon and enjoy front row seats to the fireworks, live music and a four-course feast. The first seating is available between 7-9pm and the second 9pm-midnight. Menu highlights include guava braised boneless beef short rib, shaved pear & endive salad and pan roasted Chilean sea bass with Maine lobster risotto cake. $150 per person, call 305-532-1727 for info and reservations.
- Make it an “Epic evening” at Area 31 with chef John Crtichley’s five-course menu featuring wine pairings, local seafood and all-natural meats. The evening includes a welcome reception, meal and live music followed by a midnight champagne toast. Menu highlights include Homestead heirloom tomato with tempura triple tail and cracked pepper sauce; wahoo with roasted chestnut and salsa verde; and lamb loin with chotechino and kurri squash puree. $150 per person, call 305-424-5234 for info and reservations.
- Asia de Cuba at the Mondrian counts down to 2010 with a five-course price fixe menu and open bar. $295 per person, includes one bottle of Pommery Apanage Champagne per couple. Call 305-514-1940 for and reservations.
- Au Pied de Cochon greets 2010 with a seven-course prix fixe wine paired feast. Highlights include Maine lobster & artichoke "timbale" with Château de Sancerre 2007, Sancerre, France; Chilean sea bass over crushed lemon preserved potatoes with Château La Nerthe 2007, Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc, France; and crème de cassis granite with Chandon, Pinot Meunier 2007, Carneros, Napa Valley, California. $110 per person for food, $225 per person with wine pairings. Call 305-674-1844 for reservations.
- Head to Azul at the Mandarin Oriental for a seven-course “culinary journey” prepared by chef Clay Conley and a midnight champagne toast. Highlights include Kumamoto Oysters & Israeli Golden Osetra Caviar, Lobster & Uni Chowder, A-5 Japanese Wagyu Beef and milk chocolate crémeux. $300 per person, call 305-924-8358 for info and reservations.
- Balans welcomes the New Year with a three-course feast at its Upper Eastside and Brickell locations. Menu highlights include filet mignon and Chilean sea bass. $39.99, includes one glass of champagne. Call 305-534-9191 for reservations.
- Bistro One LR at the Ritz Carlton South Beach celebrates with a four-course champagne-paired “Toast to Ten” dinner with seatings at 6, 7, 8 and 9pm. Highlights include duck breast with wild mushroom cake, seared scallops with red wine braised sepia and beef tenderloin with oxtail. $200 per person. Call 786-276-4008 for reservations.
- Celebrate 2010 at BLT Steak at the Betsy with a four-course feast. Menu highlights include cream of sunchoke soup, warm Maine lobster salad, black truffle risotto, petit prime Manhattan NY Strip Rossini and pan roasted local black grouper. $85 per person for 6pm seating (three courses only), $160 per person for 9pm seating (includes glass of champagne). Extend the evening with access to the Deck premium open bar featuring champagne and caipirinhas - $250 for 6pm three-course seating, $300 for 9pm four-course seating. Call 305-674-0044 for reservations.
- Bourbon Steak woos diners with two seatings. The first is a three-course indulgence featuring tapioca-crusted yellowtail snapper and Alaskan king salmon and the second is a six-course feast including American kobe ribeye, veal chop and a midnight champagne toast. $95 first seating, $245 second seating. Call 786-279-6600 for reservations.
- Caffe Abbracci offers two NYE celebration options. Dine on the regular menu from 6-8pm or feast on a “gala menu” from 9:30pm onward. The gala menu includes cold Maine lobster medallion parisienne, homemade angnolotti filled with pheasant and filet mignon. $140 for second seating, includes party favors and DJ. Call 305-441-0700 for info and reservations.
- Celebrate Italian-style at Café Prima Pasta with a belini, music, party favors and a three-course prix fixe meal featuring yellowtail oreganatto, pollo rollatini and veal picata. $75. Call 305-867-0106 for reservations and info.
- Welcome 2010 at Café Sambal at the Mandarin oriental with waterfront views (prime fireworks watching) and a four-course special menu. Highlights include sake and ginger cured salmon-Korean pancake, conch fritters and olive oil poached halibut. $75 per person, call TK for info and reservations.
- Canyon Ranch Grill puts a healthy spin on 2010 with its New Years Day “Healthy Jazz Brunch.” Dine Oceanside with the Hal Roland trio and feast on organic roasted corn soup, primavera papparedelle, beef churrasco and triple berry coffee cake. All dishes are said to be low in fat, calories and sugar. $55 per person (includes parking & an energy smoothie shot), $15 for kids 12 and under. Call 305-514-7474 for info and reservations.
- The Cape Cod Room celebrates the New Year with a compllimentary champagne cocktail upon arrival, a complete regular menu and select holiday specias. Call 305-864-1262 for info and reservations.
- Chef Allen’s woos with three prix fixe seatings, each offering an additional course. The first (at 6pm) features four, the second (at 8pm) five, and the third (at 10) six plus passed hors d’oeuvres and a sparkling wine reception. $66, $88 and $120 per person, respectively. Call 305-935-2900 for info and reservations.
- China Grill celebrates its 15th SoBe New Year’s’ Eve with a “Glam Disco Dinner Party” featuring a family style four-course prix fixe menu and open bar. $200 per person, includes one complimentary bottle of Pommery Apanage Champagne per couple. $125 per person for just open bar. Call 305-534-2211 for reservations and info.
- China Grill Fort Lauderdale does double NYE duty with a regular menu served until 8pm and a four-course family-style feast beginning at 9pm. Prix fixed menu is $150 per person, includes one bottle of Pommery Apanage champagne per couple. Call 954-759-9950 for reservations and info.
- Go classic at Gables favorite Christy’s. The restaurant is ringing in the New Year with a three course feast featuring prime rib, filet and herb-crusted rack of lamb. $60. Call 305-446-1400 for info and reservations.
- Greet 2010 like a rock star at the Delano with a Dom Perignon reception followed by a four-course prix fixe dinner paired with the fine wines of Joseph Phelps and Far Niente. $425 per perso, call 305-674-6400 for reservations and info.
- Welcome 2010 at Fratelli Lyon and indulge in a four-course prix fixe feast paired with “Italy’s finest bubbles.” Menu highlights include Taylor Bay scallops crudo, tagliatelle al Vino Rosso and butter poached lobster. $85 for tasting menu & wine pairing, includes a bottle of spumante per couple. Limited a la cate menu available. Call 305-572-1271 for info and reservations.
- Gibraltar at Grove Isle rings in the new year with one complimentary bottle of champagne per couple, a four-course prix-fixe dinner and waterfront views. $185 per adult. Call 305-857-5007 for info and reservations.
- You’ve got two options to celebrate at Gotham at the Fontainebleau. Inspiration, a four course dinner at 6:30 and 7pm and Anticipation, a five course feast at 9:30 and 10pm. Menu highlights include a dry-aged Niman Ranch NY Strip and the later seating includes a champagne toast and live entertainment by George Butts & Band. $150 Inspiration and $275 Anticipation. Call 305-695-2414 for info.
- Grazie greets 2010 with two seatings. The first, from 6:30-9:30pm, features a three-course dinner, open premium bar and house wine sections. The second, from 10pm-1am) features a three-course dinner, premium open bar, party favors and a guest DJ. $95 first seating, $140 second seating. Call 305-490-9788 for info and reservations.
- The Grill on the Alley celebrates New Years with a special a la carte menu including vine ripened tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella, pan seared sea scallops, parmesan crusted Chilean sea bass and a filet and lobster tail entrée. Call 305-466-7195 for info and reservations.
- Hakkasan woos diners with two menus. Inspiration, a four-course family-style dinner available at 6:30 and 7pm, includes roasted chicken, baked Maine lobster and roasted silver cod. Anticipation, a five-course family-style feast available at 9:30 and 10pm, features braised abalone sea cucumber, stir-fried pork ribs, sha cha Chilean sea bass and a champagne toast. $150 for Inspiration, $275 for anticipation. Call 305-695-2414 for reservations.
- Wynwood’s Joey’s Italian Café celebrates the New Year with perhaps one of the most moderately priced prix fixe meals in town. Invest $55 per person and enjoy one of two Capodanno Good Luck Menus featuring prosecco, lobster and crab ravioli, Mediterranean sea bass and more. Regular menu also available. Call 305-438-0488 for reservations and info.
- Put an Irish spin on the new year with John Martin’s three-course meal and fiesta featuring party favors, a bagpiper, live music and a glass of champagne. Menu includes French onion soup, free range chicken breast Irish style and chocolate coated profiteroles with toasted almonds. $60 per person, call 305-445-3777 for info and reservations.
- La Dorada greets 2010 with an eight-course feast, champagne toast and 12 good luck grapes. Courses include cod fish turnover, foie toast over a cranberry toast, wild striped sea bass and chocolate mousse. $140 per person, call 305-446-2002 for info and reservations.
- La Marea's executive chef Gonzalo Rivera rings in 2010 with a four-course indoor or al fresco feast. Begin with a glass of presecco and move onto highlights including a caviar tasting, pan-roasted La Belle Farms foie gras, miso glazed black grouper and chocolate lava cake purse. $100 per person for 6pm seating, $125 for 9pm seating. Call 305-604-5070 for info & reservations.
- La Palma in the Gables celebrates with a four-course dinner, music, dancing and a midnight champagne toast. The menu includes lump crab & avocado cocktail, homemade ravioli filled with lobster meat, filet mignon and Chilean sea bass. $99 per person, call 305-445-8777 for info and reservations.
- Maya Tapas and Grill celebrates Agentinean-style on Lincoln Road with a three-course feast. Highlights include white lobster bisque, duck empanadas, beef carpaccio, jump lump crab cake and grilled double cut lamb chops. $79.95 per person, call 305-538-0058 for info and reservations.
- Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink presents a three-course feast featuring local heirloom tomato bread pudding; wood oven roasted local squash stuffed with housemade chorizo, manchego cheese and roasted pepper aioli, and wood over roasted local snapper and homemade wild mushroom ravioli. A la carte menu is available from 5:30-8pm, prix fixe $125 per person. Call 305-573-5550 for reservations.
- Mr. Chow rings in 2010 with a bang with a set menu featuring signature items like chicken satay and ma mingon and one bottle of Cristal champagne per couple. $600 per couple, first seating at 7pm, second at 9:30pm includes dancing till 2am. Call 305-659-1695 for reservations.
- Neomi’s Grill rings in 2010 with a five-course feast featuring white chocolate blinis, duck and chicken rillete, champagne salad and “good fortune” red velvet cheesecake. $85 per person. Call 305-692-5770 for reservations and info.
- Red, The Steakhouse celebrates 2010 with a rooftop party, open premium par, appetizers, desserts, late night snacks and a DJ. In the dining room, feast on the a la carte menu or specials including lobster bisque, Japanese Kobe Beef Rib Eye, Osetra caviar and a midnight champagne toast. $99 per person, $50 with dinner. Call 305-534-3688 for reservations and info.
- The Rusty Pelican rings in 2010 with sweeping waterfront views, live entertainment, bayside fireworks and a midnight champagne toast. Enjoy a four-course feast in the restaurant or go for the all-you-can-eat buffet in the grand ballroom. $39-$62, call 305-361-3818 for info and reservations.
- Hollywood’s Satoro Restaurant and Lounge offers celebrants two seating options. The first, between 6 and 6:30pm, features a five-course menu. The second, between 9 and 10pm, includes a five-course prix fixe menu; unlimited well drinks, house red and white wine and draft beer; and a midnight champagne toast. First seating, $50, Second seating $50 for food, $90 for food and open bar. Call 954-374-9687 for info and reservations.
- Scarpetta offers celebrants two options. Ring in the New Year at 6:30 or 7pm with the four-course Inspiration dinner or dine at 9:30 or 10pm on the five-course Anticipation feast and champagne toast. $150 for Inspiration, $275 for Anticipation. Call 305-695-2414 for reservations.
- Segafredo Brickell rings in 2010 with a special $45 prix fixe menu, its regular a la carte menu, a live broadcast of the Times Square ball drop, party favors and a masquerade theme – revelers are encouraged to wear their “sexiest, most mysterious” masks. Prix fixe menu highlights include lobster bisque, Moroccan style couscous and homemade tiramisu. Call 305-577-9809 for info and reservations.
- Trump International celebrates family-style with a New Year’s Eve buffet. Selections include pastas, salads, artisinal cheeses and holiday desserts while the evening includes DJ and dancing, party favors and a champagne toast. $65 a person, $30 for kids under 12. Call 305-692-5756 for reservations.
- Uva 69 rings in the New Year with a special a la carte menu, a DJ, complimentary party favors and a midnight toast. The menu features Florida lobster tabbouleh, oyster shooters, pan seared foie gras medallion and organic dry rubbed beef filet. Call 305-754-9022 for info and reservations.
- Wish at the Hotel woos diners with two seatings. First seating at 6, 6:30 or 7pm is priced at $115 and features pan seared bay scallops, butter poached Maine lobster, pan seared prime beef tenderloin and a complimentary bottle of Pommery Pop Champagne. The second seating at 8, 8:30, 9, 9:30 or 10pm is $185 per person and includes Jerusalem artichoke soup, leek and shallot risotto, short rib gratin, a welcome glass of Piper Heidsieck champagne and a bottle of Pommery Pop Champagne. Both seatings include admission to the rooftop party with DJ, live jazz during dinner and party favors. For reservations, call 305-674-9474.