Prince William will take his bride
Royal watchers, details of the wedding of the century are slowly emerging. Prince Charles' representative released a statement that Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams will marry the coupl...
Royal watchers, details of the wedding of the century are slowly emerging.
The wedding of Prince William -- a Navy helicopter rescue pilot who is second in line for the throne -- and Kate Middleton, his girlfriend for almost eight years, is expected to draw a gigantic global audience.
The palace also lifted the secrecy surrounding the processional route the newlyweds will take from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace. The parade route, likely to be thronged by well-wishers, will take William and Kate through the storied heart of ceremonial London.
The bride will arrive by car and leave in a carriage, as befits a newly minted princess.
Joe Little, managing editor of Majesty magazine, told The Associated Press that he was surprised that Middleton has chosen to arrive at Westminster Abbey by car.
``It's not unprecedented, but we automatically assumed Kate would be in the glass coach, as was the case with Diana and with Sarah Ferguson,'' he said. ``But obviously that was decided against. We don't know why; it might have been seen as ostentatious.''
It is unclear who will design Kate's dress. It is also not clear who will provide the music -- older folks with knighthoods, icons like Paul McCartney and Elton John, who performed at Diana's funeral -- or a younger crew that might appeal more to the newlyweds and their friends?
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost