Flagler Arts Space present "Priceless," a room full of small works of art that will only set you back $20.
"Priceless" Opening Reception
5 - 10 p.m. Friday, Jan. 28
Flagler Art Space, 172 W. Flagler St., Miami; flaglerartsspace.wordpress.com
It's hard out here for an artist - not all art school grads secure gallery shows right after they get that valuable diploma. So what's an artist to do? You can keep working out of your mom's house, or you can hustle around looking for opportunities around town. That is just what eight local artists - grads of DASH and the New World School of the Arts - did and they ended up scoring some space in downtown Miami.
The artists -- Annie Blazejack, David Olivera, Juan Travieso, Leonardo Castañeda, Nicole Mucher, Nicole Serize, Noah Garcia, Ray Lopez, and Reinier Gamboa -- began their artmaking at Miami magnet arts high schools, and have recently returned from continuing their studies at some of the nation’s top art schools.
New World School of the Arts alum Annie Blazejack convinced family friend Henry Block of the Thomas Group, a real estate company with several buildings downtown, to donate rental space that had been vacant for several years to the artists, which they have named Flagler Arts Space.
This Friday they will host an opening reception for their latest exhibit "Priceless," a barrage of drawings and paintings papering every inch of wall space, each for sale for the low low price of $20. Other works will be available in a silent auction.
See and Do
- Video: #HowTo Miami Beach
- Easter Eggstravaganzas, Free Yoga & Munchkin Gardening: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 23-29
- Saturday event provides bikers of all levels a safe path in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 20-22
- Miami Open expands entertainment options with top chefs, models and Olympians
- Billy Porter plays Colony Theater this weekend
- St. Patty’s Day Fun, Free Play, Spring Break Prep & Legos: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 16-22
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- 13th Annual Orchid Festival arrives this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 13-15