Flagler Arts Space present "Priceless," a room full of small works of art that will only set you back $20.
"Priceless" Opening Reception
5 - 10 p.m. Friday, Jan. 28
Flagler Art Space, 172 W. Flagler St., Miami; flaglerartsspace.wordpress.com
It's hard out here for an artist - not all art school grads secure gallery shows right after they get that valuable diploma. So what's an artist to do? You can keep working out of your mom's house, or you can hustle around looking for opportunities around town. That is just what eight local artists - grads of DASH and the New World School of the Arts - did and they ended up scoring some space in downtown Miami.
The artists -- Annie Blazejack, David Olivera, Juan Travieso, Leonardo Castañeda, Nicole Mucher, Nicole Serize, Noah Garcia, Ray Lopez, and Reinier Gamboa -- began their artmaking at Miami magnet arts high schools, and have recently returned from continuing their studies at some of the nation’s top art schools.
New World School of the Arts alum Annie Blazejack convinced family friend Henry Block of the Thomas Group, a real estate company with several buildings downtown, to donate rental space that had been vacant for several years to the artists, which they have named Flagler Arts Space.
This Friday they will host an opening reception for their latest exhibit "Priceless," a barrage of drawings and paintings papering every inch of wall space, each for sale for the low low price of $20. Other works will be available in a silent auction.
See and Do
- City Theatre and Island City Stage team up for Shorts Gone Wild
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July 27 - Aug 2
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - July 24-26
- Overtown Music & Arts Festival is a soulful afternoon in historic Miami neighborhood
- International Salsa Festival takes over Tamiami Park for three days of salsa's finest performers
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun July20-26
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami - July 17-19
- The Project [theatre] takes over Bardot with immersive hip hop theater
- 15 things to do with the kids in Miami July 13-19: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- ‘Operation Pedro Pan: The Cuban Children’s Exodus' at HistoryMiami commemorates a dramatic migration