Presidential poet Richard Blanco back in town
Welcome home, local and national celebrity Richard Blanco!
The Arsht Center will celebrate the homecoming of the Cuban-American poet who was tapped to read at President Obama's 2013 Inauguration.
Blanco made history by being the youngest (45), first openly gay person and first Hispanic poet to receive this distinction.
Mark the date: 7:30 pm Friday at the Knight Concert Hall when Blanco will be welcomed back to Miami, where he was raised and educated.
The evening will feature a bilingual reading of selected works, including his poem selected for the Inauguration at the Capitol last month; an on-stage interview conducted by a high-profile special guest (to be named); and an open format Q&A session with the community.
The event will conclude with a book signing organized by Book & Books in the lobby.
For more info call 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org/tickets/calendar
First come, first served policy.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how