Presidential poet Richard Blanco back in town
Welcome home, local and national celebrity Richard Blanco!
The Arsht Center will celebrate the homecoming of the Cuban-American poet who was tapped to read at President Obama's 2013 Inauguration.
Blanco made history by being the youngest (45), first openly gay person and first Hispanic poet to receive this distinction.
Mark the date: 7:30 pm Friday at the Knight Concert Hall when Blanco will be welcomed back to Miami, where he was raised and educated.
The evening will feature a bilingual reading of selected works, including his poem selected for the Inauguration at the Capitol last month; an on-stage interview conducted by a high-profile special guest (to be named); and an open format Q&A session with the community.
The event will conclude with a book signing organized by Book & Books in the lobby.
For more info call 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org/tickets/calendar
First come, first served policy.
On Our Radar
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook
- Pokemon Go Invades Miami and here’s our cheat sheet