Presidential poet Richard Blanco back in town
Welcome home, local and national celebrity Richard Blanco!
The Arsht Center will celebrate the homecoming of the Cuban-American poet who was tapped to read at President Obama's 2013 Inauguration.
Blanco made history by being the youngest (45), first openly gay person and first Hispanic poet to receive this distinction.
Mark the date: 7:30 pm Friday at the Knight Concert Hall when Blanco will be welcomed back to Miami, where he was raised and educated.
The evening will feature a bilingual reading of selected works, including his poem selected for the Inauguration at the Capitol last month; an on-stage interview conducted by a high-profile special guest (to be named); and an open format Q&A session with the community.
The event will conclude with a book signing organized by Book & Books in the lobby.
For more info call 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org/tickets/calendar
First come, first served policy.
On Our Radar
- Lil Wayne takes out loan
- Dance meets charity with SWAY
- Miami Heat players attend opening of new Edition Boutique.
- Donald Trump spends Turkey Day in Florida
- Michael B Jordan in Miami talking 'Creed'
- Actor named honorary president of Miami Fashion Week
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding