Presidential poet Richard Blanco back in town
Welcome home, local and national celebrity Richard Blanco!
The Arsht Center will celebrate the homecoming of the Cuban-American poet who was tapped to read at President Obama's 2013 Inauguration.
Blanco made history by being the youngest (45), first openly gay person and first Hispanic poet to receive this distinction.
Mark the date: 7:30 pm Friday at the Knight Concert Hall when Blanco will be welcomed back to Miami, where he was raised and educated.
The evening will feature a bilingual reading of selected works, including his poem selected for the Inauguration at the Capitol last month; an on-stage interview conducted by a high-profile special guest (to be named); and an open format Q&A session with the community.
The event will conclude with a book signing organized by Book & Books in the lobby.
For more info call 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org/tickets/calendar
First come, first served policy.
On Our Radar
- Singer Lily Allen visits local spots
- Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union show honeymoon pics
- Chris Paciello buys home near country club in Miami Beach
- Locals turn out for Bill Clinton
- Ex Miami restaurateur Josh Woodward murder trial date set for February in Los Angeles
- Hip hop royalty in town
- Concerts from Usher and Adam Levine in South Florida
- Real Wolf of Wall Street coming to Miami
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Enrique Iglesias & Anna Kournikova's romantic date