Have the day off and looking for something to do? Maybe you're playing hooky. Whatever the case, here's a list of some things to do.
Soak in the Sun
Rent Canoes or Paddle Boats for $3-4.50 at Greynolds Park from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. This price is offered every Monday, so jot this note down for a future boatventure.
17530 West Dixie Hwy, Sunny Isles Beach 305.945.3425
Gamble All Your Money Away
Then try to win it back! Win $100 bonus play every 15 minutes at the Lundi Gras Conga Jamboree from 4 p.m. to 8:45. In the mood for food? There's also a Jambalaya dinner special for $8.95 at the French Quarter Restaurant & Bar from 5 to 10 p.m.
Arts In the Heart Show
Enjoy artwork from more than 160 renowned artists at the St. Stephen's Art Show this weekend in Coconut Grove. This outdoor event benefits St. Stephen's Episcopal Church and takes place Saturday, Feb.13, through Monday, Feb.15, from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. 2750 McFarlane Road, Coconut Grove www.artshowss.org
Get Your Dance On
Every Monday at Miami's Contemporary Dance Company in South Beach. Each class costs $12 per person, or $100 for a 10-class card. 1919 Purdy Avenue, Miami Beach, 33140 305.538.2988
Haitian Art Exhibit
This exhibition, titled "Island Colors Haitianda," is artwork from Haitian artists and it's on display in Homestead. It's free and open to all, with funds raised going towards the relief efforts in Haiti.
ArtSouth of Homestead, 240 N. Krome Ave., Homestead, 33030 305.247.9406
The Difference Between Men and Women
In Labor, that is. Check out the "Women's Work/Men's Work: Labor and Gender in America" exhibit at the Wolfsonian Teaching Gallery at the Frost Art Museum. 10975 SW 17th Street, Miami, FL, 33199 305.348.2890
Tracey Moffatt at the Bass
Enjoy work from this Australian artist who focuses on the human condition. Moffatt uses video and photography as her medium. Bass Museum of Art, 2121 Park Ave, Miami Beach, 33139 305.673.7530
Check out this interactive maze that takes you deep into the rainforest. Miami Science Museum, 3280 South Miami Ave., Miami, 33139 305.646.4200
See and Do
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie