Premio Lo Nuestro awards turn 25
Premio Lo Nuestro has a big birthday coming up Thursday night. Univision’s popular Latin music awards (meaning "Our Awards") is turning 25.
The red carpet action starts at 7 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena (and on TV).
We spoke to the co hostess with the mostest, Mexican singer-actress Ninel Conde. Her partner on stage: recording artist Pedro Fernández, who will be honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Other highlights include a tribute to the late Jenni Rivera. “It will be a very special moment for her fans, her family and our viewers,” Conde promises. As for live entertainment, expect something for all musical tastes: Pop, Tropical, Regional Mexican, Rock/Alternative and Urban.
Conde is going to be on her game, fashion wise: “I will have five dresses in total. One for the red carpet and four throughout the show. You don’t want to miss them!”
On Our Radar
- Supermodel Naomi Campbell plays mentor
- Dance contestants visit FIU to judge dance competition for charity
- Enrique Iglesias, Romeo Santos and Nicky Jam among the top finalists for 2016 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA