Prague-based Barock restaurant open on Ocean Drive
Family-owned restaurant is "international" with Asian accents
1412 Ocean Dr.
Father-daughter team Tommy Sjöö and Jessica Sjöö have opened a South Beach branch of their popular Prague restaurant Barock [no relation to our President, Barack]. On the menu: coconut cured lobster made with coconut milk and grapefruit served with homemade yucca chips; tom yam soup with vegetables, locally sourced fish, tiger prawn and corriander and finished with chili pepper; pork bo ssam 'tacos' of shredded pork, baby greens, scallion pancakes, sambal and homemade kimchi; and pan seared duck breast with potatoes au gratin, baby spinach and chocolate jalapeno sauce. Though the menu seems Thai-leaning, a publicist says that Tommy Sjöö "Wanted to include the best dishes from each of the locations he has traveled to and that is how he created the menu. There is [also] a variety of pasta, Mediterranean-inspired yogurt marinated free chicken breast, Maine lobster, etc."
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.