Prague-based Barock restaurant open on Ocean Drive
Family-owned restaurant is "international" with Asian accents
Father-daughter team Tommy Sjöö and Jessica Sjöö have opened a South Beach branch of their popular Prague restaurant Barock [no relation to our President, Barack]. On the menu: coconut cured lobster made with coconut milk and grapefruit served with homemade yucca chips; tom yam soup with vegetables, locally sourced fish, tiger prawn and corriander and finished with chili pepper; pork bo ssam 'tacos' of shredded pork, baby greens, scallion pancakes, sambal and homemade kimchi; and pan seared duck breast with potatoes au gratin, baby spinach and chocolate jalapeno sauce. Though the menu seems Thai-leaning, a publicist says that Tommy Sjöö "Wanted to include the best dishes from each of the locations he has traveled to and that is how he created the menu. There is [also] a variety of pasta, Mediterranean-inspired yogurt marinated free chicken breast, Maine lobster, etc."
1412 Ocean Dr.
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years