Prague-based Barock restaurant open on Ocean Drive
Family-owned restaurant is "international" with Asian accents
1412 Ocean Dr.
Father-daughter team Tommy Sjöö and Jessica Sjöö have opened a South Beach branch of their popular Prague restaurant Barock [no relation to our President, Barack]. On the menu: coconut cured lobster made with coconut milk and grapefruit served with homemade yucca chips; tom yam soup with vegetables, locally sourced fish, tiger prawn and corriander and finished with chili pepper; pork bo ssam 'tacos' of shredded pork, baby greens, scallion pancakes, sambal and homemade kimchi; and pan seared duck breast with potatoes au gratin, baby spinach and chocolate jalapeno sauce. Though the menu seems Thai-leaning, a publicist says that Tommy Sjöö "Wanted to include the best dishes from each of the locations he has traveled to and that is how he created the menu. There is [also] a variety of pasta, Mediterranean-inspired yogurt marinated free chicken breast, Maine lobster, etc."
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef
- Newly crowned Prince of Porc, Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, giving away free food Feb 20