Prague-based Barock restaurant open on Ocean Drive
Family-owned restaurant is "international" with Asian accents
1412 Ocean Dr.
Father-daughter team Tommy Sjöö and Jessica Sjöö have opened a South Beach branch of their popular Prague restaurant Barock [no relation to our President, Barack]. On the menu: coconut cured lobster made with coconut milk and grapefruit served with homemade yucca chips; tom yam soup with vegetables, locally sourced fish, tiger prawn and corriander and finished with chili pepper; pork bo ssam 'tacos' of shredded pork, baby greens, scallion pancakes, sambal and homemade kimchi; and pan seared duck breast with potatoes au gratin, baby spinach and chocolate jalapeno sauce. Though the menu seems Thai-leaning, a publicist says that Tommy Sjöö "Wanted to include the best dishes from each of the locations he has traveled to and that is how he created the menu. There is [also] a variety of pasta, Mediterranean-inspired yogurt marinated free chicken breast, Maine lobster, etc."
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami
- The District, Moye restaurants close in Miami
- Golden Fig opening to the public July 27
- Hallandale Beach's Hyde Beach Kitchen+Cocktails opening September 1
- Chef Allen Susser delivers a sustainable seafood dinner
- Wapo Taco! opening Coral Gables location Friday July 10 with free tacos & beer
- Golden Fig farmhouse restaurant opening late summer in ex OTC space