Power through lunch with Miami's best express-lunch options
Area 31, Edge Steak & Bar, La Gazzetta, La Mar by Gaston Acurio and The Restaurant at the Setai all offer in-and-out lunches.
Think fast: It's lunchtime, you've got a meeting in an hour, and you need to eat. What to do?
These five Miami restaurants offer speedy lunches that will get you fed and on your way in less than an hour:
Where: Area 31.
The Deal: Area 31's 2+1 Power Lunch gives guests a choice of an appetizer and a sandwich or plated entree plus a glass of wine or fresh fruit juice or a dessert. $28. 11:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday.
270 Biscayne Blvd. Way, Miami. 305-424-5234, area31restaurant.com
Where: Edge Steak & Bar.
The Deal: Edge's Lunch Break is a three-course (appetizer, main, dessert) meal with options that change weekly based on ingredients sourced by chef Aaron Brooks. $19. 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
1435 Brickell Ave., Miami. 305-381-3190, edgerestaurantmiami.com
Where: La Gazzetta.
The Deal: La Gazzetta's brand-new Power Lunch includes half a panini and truffle fries with a soup or salad. $10. 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
1010 S. Miami Ave., Miami. 305-523-2393, lagazzettamiami.com
Where: La Mar by Gaston Acurio.
The Deal: La Mar's new Express Lunch offers a build-your-own three-course meal, followed by dessert, in less than 45 minutes. $25, or $32 with a glass of wine. 11 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
500 Brickell Key Dr., Miami. 305-913-8358, lamarcebicheria.com
Where: The Restaurant at the Setai
The Deal: The Restaurant's new Le Quicker lunch presents four dishes, served at the same time to speed things up, along with a glass of wine or a bottle of water. $25. Noon-3 p.m. Monday-Friday. (Note: This promotion is so new, a reservationist at the Restaurant didn't even know about it when we called for details. Proceed with caution.)
2001 Collins Ave., Miami Beach. 305-520-6400, thesetaihotel.com
Looking for more-leisurely dining? Check out the new N by Naoe, where diners are asked to set aside at least an hour for chef Kevin Cory's omakase delights.
- Chefs named at new Miami restaurants Centro Taco, Laffa Mediterranean and Zest
- The List: Miami's best food with Sushi Maki's Abe Ng
- Miami's best burgers are getting fired up at Burger Brawl
- The List: Miami's best foods with Cantina La Veinte's Santiago Gómez
- La Embajada to open restaurant, coffee bar, music venue in Wynwood
- Tamarina hires exec chef from 'Best New Restaurant' winner Dolce
- Miami's most anticipated restaurants: Where are they now?
- Michelle Bernstein opens Cena by Michy in Miami's MiMo neighborhood
- Where to Treat Mom for Mother's Day
- The List: Miami's best bites with Sugarcane's Timon Balloo