Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
Will co-anchor 'The Insider' after 11 years on WSVN and 'Deco Drive'
Louis Aguirre is ready for his close up … in Hollywood.
The co-anchor of the popular "Deco Drive" entertainment show on WSVN will take the co-anchor seat on "The Insider" in September, Variery.com reported.
"We are excited to have Louis join 'Insider'," said Brad Bessey, executive producer of "The Insider". "He is a dynamic broadcaster with a strong point of view, which will be key as he and Thea [Andrews] offer perspective on the hottest trending entertainment news and pop culture topics of the day."
Aguirre had been with the Miami Fox affiliate since 2003, becoming a staple of Miami's celebrity scene and anchoring American Idol coverage from Los Angeles for WSVN. He started his career at Telemundo and ABC affiliate WPLG in South Florida, followed by time as a correspondent for “Extra,” “A Current Affair” and as a co-host for “Fox and Friends” prior to “Deco Drive”.
Aguirre's Twitter account (@LOUISAGUIRRE) was full of messages of congratulations and good luck for the popular Miami television personality. Word of his departure started leaking out on Monday as he received a few tweets from followers trying to verify rumors and wishing him good luck. Aguirre would only respond with "stay tuned". The Insider tweeted the news of their new co-anchor at 5:45 p.m. EST on Wednesday, which Aguirre re-tweeted, his first confirmation of the news.
Aguirre's makes his "Insider" debut on Tuesday, Sept. 9.
On Our Radar
- Giant un-retouched selfie at The Mondrian
- Madonna is kicking off her 35-city tour in Miami
- Hank Azaria playing emcee at local gala on Sunday night
- Talking to Ana Maria in Novela Land star
- Chazz Palminteri tells his 'Bronx Tale'
- Athletes seen partying in Miami
- Is Miami Heat star Chris Bosh OK?
- Latin stars come together for Premios Lo Nuestro
- William Levy front and center at rum event
- Diana Nyad to re-create famous swim on stage