Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
Will co-anchor 'The Insider' after 11 years on WSVN and 'Deco Drive'
Louis Aguirre is ready for his close up … in Hollywood.
The co-anchor of the popular "Deco Drive" entertainment show on WSVN will take the co-anchor seat on "The Insider" in September, Variery.com reported.
"We are excited to have Louis join 'Insider'," said Brad Bessey, executive producer of "The Insider". "He is a dynamic broadcaster with a strong point of view, which will be key as he and Thea [Andrews] offer perspective on the hottest trending entertainment news and pop culture topics of the day."
Aguirre had been with the Miami Fox affiliate since 2003, becoming a staple of Miami's celebrity scene and anchoring American Idol coverage from Los Angeles for WSVN. He started his career at Telemundo and ABC affiliate WPLG in South Florida, followed by time as a correspondent for “Extra,” “A Current Affair” and as a co-host for “Fox and Friends” prior to “Deco Drive”.
Aguirre's Twitter account (@LOUISAGUIRRE) was full of messages of congratulations and good luck for the popular Miami television personality. Word of his departure started leaking out on Monday as he received a few tweets from followers trying to verify rumors and wishing him good luck. Aguirre would only respond with "stay tuned". The Insider tweeted the news of their new co-anchor at 5:45 p.m. EST on Wednesday, which Aguirre re-tweeted, his first confirmation of the news.
Aguirre's makes his "Insider" debut on Tuesday, Sept. 9.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast