Pop-Up Piano Miami 2012
The pianos return all over Miami for Art Basel Miami Beach week
There’s a reason Pop-Up Piano's city-wide public art happening is returning for a second year – it’s popular and cool.
A handful of pianos (donated by Steinway & Sons) will “pop-up” in Wynwood, Midtown and the Design District. Each of the pianos will be coated with the work of artists, and professional musicians will take to the keyboards at times shot out on social media during the art week.
When the pros aren’t on the ivories, locals are encouraged to explore their musical souls. The pianos are then all donated to worthy charities.
For more information and to get texts and tweets, go to www.PopUpPianoMia.com.
- Basel bites: Where to eat during Miami Art Week
- Satellite fairs bring art beyond Art Basel
- A Curated Guide to Miami Art Week and Art Basel Miami Beach
- Art Basel Hotel Party Guide
- Art work donated to FIU by Jorge Pérez may be forgery
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Cindy Crawford pays visit to Art Miami for debut of work in her likeness
- FAILE Brings Their Interactive Deluxx Fluxx Arcade Installation to South Beach
- De Nolet festival brings together performance art, music and Ketel One cocktails
- Wynwood-based Spinello Projects unveils exhibit in Art Basel's competitive Nova sector