Pop-Up Piano Miami 2012
The pianos return all over Miami for Art Basel Miami Beach week
There’s a reason Pop-Up Piano's city-wide public art happening is returning for a second year – it’s popular and cool.
A handful of pianos (donated by Steinway & Sons) will “pop-up” in Wynwood, Midtown and the Design District. Each of the pianos will be coated with the work of artists, and professional musicians will take to the keyboards at times shot out on social media during the art week.
When the pros aren’t on the ivories, locals are encouraged to explore their musical souls. The pianos are then all donated to worthy charities.
For more information and to get texts and tweets, go to www.PopUpPianoMia.com.
- Kendrick Lamar performs arty set at Faena Dome
- Miami Art Week Madness is reaching its apex, sorta
- Art Basel recap: Pasta art, Prizm highlights and the most super art show ever
- Miami Art Week: We're off to the races
- A giant head, live music at Brickell City Centre and new digs for the Rubell Family Collection
- Miami Art Week kicks off with big events at Faena Arts District
- Faena Forum takes to the streets to celebrate its grand opening just in time for Art Basel
- Art Week shows to check out at Miami's local museums
- A-Z List: Art Basel Celebrity Parties
- Women artists to look out for during Miami Art Week