Pop-Up Piano Miami 2012
The pianos return all over Miami for Art Basel Miami Beach week
There’s a reason Pop-Up Piano's city-wide public art happening is returning for a second year – it’s popular and cool.
A handful of pianos (donated by Steinway & Sons) will “pop-up” in Wynwood, Midtown and the Design District. Each of the pianos will be coated with the work of artists, and professional musicians will take to the keyboards at times shot out on social media during the art week.
When the pros aren’t on the ivories, locals are encouraged to explore their musical souls. The pianos are then all donated to worthy charities.
For more information and to get texts and tweets, go to www.PopUpPianoMia.com.
- Actor Jeremy Piven backs out of InterContinental Miami Hotel digital unveiling, felt image of sultry dancing woman was too risque, bad for image
- No breakfast art by Jennifer Rubell this year during Art Basel Week
- Party Patrol: Art Basel Music Edition
- Basel Blog
- Invader premieres film Art4Space during Art Basel
- Art Basel Kids Guide
- Heineken Mural Project brings beer, bikes and (of course) huge murals to Wynwood for Art Basel
- Celebrity Reflection debuts impressive art collection
- FashionArtWalls captures Wynwood’s splendor in time for Art Basel
- Tips to Navigate Art Basel Miami Beach like a veteran