Pool @ Viceroy
VICEROY/ICON BRICKELL POOL DECK
485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400
Feeling urban? For $30 you can swim in the shadows of towering condominiums (with many vacant units). The view from the Icon Brickell pool deck is spectacular, displaying Brickell Key, the mouth of the Miami River and South Beach off in the distance. The 15th floor features a more than two-acre pool deck with an almost 200-foot long, infinity-edge pool, alongside a 50-person hot tub and wading pool. The decor gives off a dreamy Alice-in-Wonderland-meets-Miami feel, with an oversized chessboard, a long dining table and a massive glass fireplace.
The 30 bucks also gets you access to the locker room, steamed sauna and spa area. Luis Ocampo, a 27-year-old student, enjoys the vibe. “Most of the time, I like to watch the girls,'' he says between sips of Toúa, a Nicaraguan beer. The only complaint for Ocampo and friends is the condos blocking the afternoon sun.
Pool is open 24 hours, but Cafe Icon is open 8 a.m. to about 5:30 p.m., and serves $8 meals like Tuscan salad and Greek salads, and a prosciutto caprese hot pressed sandwich. Valet parking is $8 minimum.
-- KYLE TEAL
See and Do
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'
- S'mores, the Hunger Games & Annie: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 11-17