Pool @ Viceroy
VICEROY/ICON BRICKELL POOL DECK
485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400
Feeling urban? For $30 you can swim in the shadows of towering condominiums (with many vacant units). The view from the Icon Brickell pool deck is spectacular, displaying Brickell Key, the mouth of the Miami River and South Beach off in the distance. The 15th floor features a more than two-acre pool deck with an almost 200-foot long, infinity-edge pool, alongside a 50-person hot tub and wading pool. The decor gives off a dreamy Alice-in-Wonderland-meets-Miami feel, with an oversized chessboard, a long dining table and a massive glass fireplace.
The 30 bucks also gets you access to the locker room, steamed sauna and spa area. Luis Ocampo, a 27-year-old student, enjoys the vibe. “Most of the time, I like to watch the girls,'' he says between sips of Toúa, a Nicaraguan beer. The only complaint for Ocampo and friends is the condos blocking the afternoon sun.
Pool is open 24 hours, but Cafe Icon is open 8 a.m. to about 5:30 p.m., and serves $8 meals like Tuscan salad and Greek salads, and a prosciutto caprese hot pressed sandwich. Valet parking is $8 minimum.
-- KYLE TEAL
See and Do
- Yoga del Barrio comes to jugofresh
- Earth Day, spring parties, egg hunts and Munchkin Fun's 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 11-13
- Egg hunts and photo ops for Easter 2014
- Miami Beach Gay Pride takes over South Beach this weekend
- Choreographer Trey McIntyre brings community and artistic inspiration from Boise to Miami
- Deering Estate Festival of the Arts offers three days of events
- Heineken TransAtlantic Festival trae excelencia rockera a Miami Beach
- Heineken Transatlantic Festival brings global sounds to Miami
- PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus