Pool @ Viceroy
VICEROY/ICON BRICKELL POOL DECK
485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400
Feeling urban? For $30 you can swim in the shadows of towering condominiums (with many vacant units). The view from the Icon Brickell pool deck is spectacular, displaying Brickell Key, the mouth of the Miami River and South Beach off in the distance. The 15th floor features a more than two-acre pool deck with an almost 200-foot long, infinity-edge pool, alongside a 50-person hot tub and wading pool. The decor gives off a dreamy Alice-in-Wonderland-meets-Miami feel, with an oversized chessboard, a long dining table and a massive glass fireplace.
The 30 bucks also gets you access to the locker room, steamed sauna and spa area. Luis Ocampo, a 27-year-old student, enjoys the vibe. “Most of the time, I like to watch the girls,'' he says between sips of Toúa, a Nicaraguan beer. The only complaint for Ocampo and friends is the condos blocking the afternoon sun.
Pool is open 24 hours, but Cafe Icon is open 8 a.m. to about 5:30 p.m., and serves $8 meals like Tuscan salad and Greek salads, and a prosciutto caprese hot pressed sandwich. Valet parking is $8 minimum.
-- KYLE TEAL
See and Do
- 7 Spots in Miami Even Locals Don’t Know About
- 5 bike events in Miami during May's National Bike Month
- 7 events in Miami for the budget-conscious - April 29-May 1
- 11 events not to miss in Miami in May 2016
- 11 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- What if 'Game of Thrones' were recast with famous Floridians?
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Brickell City Centre Brings Farmers Market to Brickell
- 6 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 15-17