Pool @ Viceroy
VICEROY/ICON BRICKELL POOL DECK
485 Brickell Ave., Miami; 305-503-4400
Feeling urban? For $30 you can swim in the shadows of towering condominiums (with many vacant units). The view from the Icon Brickell pool deck is spectacular, displaying Brickell Key, the mouth of the Miami River and South Beach off in the distance. The 15th floor features a more than two-acre pool deck with an almost 200-foot long, infinity-edge pool, alongside a 50-person hot tub and wading pool. The decor gives off a dreamy Alice-in-Wonderland-meets-Miami feel, with an oversized chessboard, a long dining table and a massive glass fireplace.
The 30 bucks also gets you access to the locker room, steamed sauna and spa area. Luis Ocampo, a 27-year-old student, enjoys the vibe. “Most of the time, I like to watch the girls,'' he says between sips of Toúa, a Nicaraguan beer. The only complaint for Ocampo and friends is the condos blocking the afternoon sun.
Pool is open 24 hours, but Cafe Icon is open 8 a.m. to about 5:30 p.m., and serves $8 meals like Tuscan salad and Greek salads, and a prosciutto caprese hot pressed sandwich. Valet parking is $8 minimum.
-- KYLE TEAL
See and Do
- Discover Miami's Little Haiti neighbhorhood
- He was told as a boy he'd have to go to a deaf school—but he grew up to help make the music to Hamilton
- Las Olas Art Fair takes over the streets of Fort Lauderdale this weekend
- Coral Gables Hispanic Cultural Festival takes over the streets of City Beautiful
- 5 reasons you should check out the Mammography Art Initiative in Wynwood this weekend
- 7 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Oct. 21-23
- Miami's cultural itinerary courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Oct. 16-31
- Find your happy place at the Modern Life Mindfulness Festival
- Grovetoberfest Celebrates Six Years of Craft Beer
- Can this Miami political roast Make America Laugh Again? Let's hope so