Pool @ Biltmore
1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables; 305-445-1926.
To enjoy this massive pool surrounded by stately Mediterranean architecture, you'll need to rent a cabana for the day. The deluxe cabanas start at $89 during the summer and include attentive waiters and a half room and shower among hibiscus and bougainvillea. The suite, a larger cabana, is a little pricier at $129 during the summer and allows up to eight guests; deluxe cabanas allow up to four people. For your money, you're renting an outdoor room with a dining table, desk stocked with fresh towels, and lounge chair (suites are larger than this freelance writer's apartment). Simply grab the nearby telephone and place your order at the bar or restaurant for speedy service.
The historic pool holds a whopping 600,000 gallons of water, and staff flaunts it as the largest hotel pool in the continental United States. The $11 hummus and $14 smoked fish dip is delicious, and the $14 frozen vanilla mango colada is also a best seller. Happy hour is 5-7 p.m. and offers half-price specialty drinks. Splash around all you'd like, but the pool chairs are reserved for hotel guests only.
-- KYLE TEAL
See and Do
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'
- Concerts usher in the musical sounds of the new season
- PARK(ing) Day Miami 2015 returns this Friday with mini parks popping up all over Miami
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami Sept. 18-20