Plenty of outdoor parties this weekend, some for a good cause
ECOMB and The Miami Light Project host fundraisers
It's Easy Going Green
Green may not be everyone's most flattering color, but when it comes to casting a hue on your conscience, it goes with everything as will be the case at the Environmental Coalition of Miami & the Beaches (ECOMB)'s GreenRaiser at 7 p.m. Friday, June 1 at the brand new Skydeck, featuring panoramic city and ocean views at 605 Lincoln Road. Music, silent auction and cocktails are par for the course. Tickets start at $50 and are available here.
Dance Into the Light
Miami's most forward thinking, hip cultural organization, The Miami Light Project, wants you to Dance Your @$$ Off (The Remix) at their 2nd annual fundraising party from 9 p.m. until 3 a.m. on June 2 at The Light Box at Goldman Warehouse, 404 NW 26th St. Festivities include all you can drink cocktails, a rotating panel of DJs including DJ Le Spam, The Brass King, Brimstone127, Run Sevim Run, and performances from Circ X, Rosie Herrera Dance Theater, The Flip Side Kings and Teo Castellanos’ D-Projects. Tickets are $50 per person and available at www.miamilightproject.com.
Remember What the Door Mouse Said
While we're sure the doormen at the Delano—FDR especially—wouldn't appreciate the comparison, but it will be inevitable on Sunday, June 3 when the hotel launches the White Rabbit Pool Party, a new Sunday splash fest starting at noon at the Delano Beach Club and continuing every week thereafter throughout the summer. As the day grows long and wet, the party will move down to FDR where we hope everyone at least dries off a little before cramming inside. For the launch, ex Heat player turned DJ Rony Seikaly will spin the pool party; DJ Stefano Noferini will spin at FDR. Of course, foodstuffs will be available at Bianca, where brunch is $55 per person. DJs will vary throughout the summer. There’s no cover for the pool parties, but of course admission is, as they say, at the door mouse's--er, doorman's discretion.
Wood Tavern Goes South of the Border
Wynwood's way cool watering hole Wood Tavern has a new taco stand, Pancho Taco, offering tortilla tacos in chicken or pork and quesadillas with cheese for just $2. And (thankfully) because nothing is ever 100 percent ordinary or normal at Wood Tavern, the stand is not really a stand at all but is, instead, a vintage 1964 Mercury station wagon. A lemon with your taco: only in hipsterville.
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Velvet Underground: Pablo Picasso's grandson spins at Bâoli for WMC, Perfecto Gastrobar throws a party for Spanish dignitaries, hipsters converge at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood, and escape the EDM at The Cabaret
- Velvet Underground: Miami's Latin-funk pioneers perform at Tobacco Road for 20th anniversary, E11even in downtown Miami hosts happy hour, find your way into the hottest WMC parties, and Swine celebrates one year with a $2 Old Fashioned
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more
- Velvet Underground: Pirate parties at Patpong Road, Palette Miami Festival in the Upper Eastside, and a benefit for DJ Mark Leventhal at FDR at Delano