Plenty of outdoor parties this weekend, some for a good cause
ECOMB and The Miami Light Project host fundraisers
It's Easy Going Green
Green may not be everyone's most flattering color, but when it comes to casting a hue on your conscience, it goes with everything as will be the case at the Environmental Coalition of Miami & the Beaches (ECOMB)'s GreenRaiser at 7 p.m. Friday, June 1 at the brand new Skydeck, featuring panoramic city and ocean views at 605 Lincoln Road. Music, silent auction and cocktails are par for the course. Tickets start at $50 and are available here.
Dance Into the Light
Miami's most forward thinking, hip cultural organization, The Miami Light Project, wants you to Dance Your @$$ Off (The Remix) at their 2nd annual fundraising party from 9 p.m. until 3 a.m. on June 2 at The Light Box at Goldman Warehouse, 404 NW 26th St. Festivities include all you can drink cocktails, a rotating panel of DJs including DJ Le Spam, The Brass King, Brimstone127, Run Sevim Run, and performances from Circ X, Rosie Herrera Dance Theater, The Flip Side Kings and Teo Castellanos’ D-Projects. Tickets are $50 per person and available at www.miamilightproject.com.
Remember What the Door Mouse Said
While we're sure the doormen at the Delano—FDR especially—wouldn't appreciate the comparison, but it will be inevitable on Sunday, June 3 when the hotel launches the White Rabbit Pool Party, a new Sunday splash fest starting at noon at the Delano Beach Club and continuing every week thereafter throughout the summer. As the day grows long and wet, the party will move down to FDR where we hope everyone at least dries off a little before cramming inside. For the launch, ex Heat player turned DJ Rony Seikaly will spin the pool party; DJ Stefano Noferini will spin at FDR. Of course, foodstuffs will be available at Bianca, where brunch is $55 per person. DJs will vary throughout the summer. There’s no cover for the pool parties, but of course admission is, as they say, at the door mouse's--er, doorman's discretion.
Wood Tavern Goes South of the Border
Wynwood's way cool watering hole Wood Tavern has a new taco stand, Pancho Taco, offering tortilla tacos in chicken or pork and quesadillas with cheese for just $2. And (thankfully) because nothing is ever 100 percent ordinary or normal at Wood Tavern, the stand is not really a stand at all but is, instead, a vintage 1964 Mercury station wagon. A lemon with your taco: only in hipsterville.
- Last call at Tobacco Road, free culture @ YoungArts, Pitbull & Enrique after party
- A different sort of Bonfire of the Vanities at Conde Contemporary, Sassy City Chicks & a Ritzy beer garden
- Velvet Underground: A weird Miami bus tour and an AstroJam highlight the weekend
- Velvet Underground: Mansion nightclub opens 'Cocktails and Dreams' and Craft Spirits Festival kicks off in Coconut Grove
- Velvet Underground: Sneaker Pimps rejoice at Grand Central with Cam'ron and HaVen South Beach hosts Bar Wars
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- Velvet Underground: African music and culture takes the stage at the Afro Roots World Music Festival and The Broken Shaker invites you to party poolside this Sunday