Plenty of new parties popping up, including Nu-Disco at Delano
From Delano to Mansion, and points inbetween
Kinder, Gentler Delano?
Delano's monthly Nu-Disco Young Hearts series aspires to "bring back the spirit of great music and good times sans pretentious attitudes and bottle minimums" and returns from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13 with a party featuring remixer/producer STORM QUEEN, aka Morgan Geist, who will 'craft a wonderful set filled with emotive strains of disco, techno, soul and all the flavors in between." Residents Andrew Ward, Baby Sean, Bonnie Beats and Inbal Lankry will assist until 2 a.m. For those young hearts still beating, the after party moves down to--where else?--FDR.
There's nothing a certain type of Miamian likes more than seeing his or her name or face in print. It's comical, almost, which is why Brigitte Andrade has been creating her Miami Beach-based comic book The Adventures of Bibi & Friends for 13 years. Andrade will celebrate the book's good mitzvah with a party from 8 p.m. to midnight Wednesday, November 14 at Nikki Beach. A group reunion photo will be taken of all those who have had the good fortune to appear in her books. Tito Puente, Jr., Maryel Epps, Leesa Richards and Randy Singer will perform. A $20 ticket includes open bar from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. as well as that requisite South Beach gift bag. A portion of the proceeds will go to the victims of Hurricane Sandy in association with Whole Foods Market South Beach. For more information go to www.bibiadventures.com.
MVP of the MPC at Mansion
Abraham Orellana rose to supersonic fame by way of MPC drum machine--on the Internet. And while some may consider him the Bieber of beats, AraabMuzik is no one trick pinup pony, working with everyone from Cam'ron and Vado to The Diplomats, Busta Rhymes and Fabolous. Hear for yourselves when he takes to the turntables around 11 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16 at Mansion. For more information go to www.mansionmiami.com.
A Bonding Experience
Even though 007 commits Bond blasphemy in Skyfall, drinking a--gasp--Heineken because of some hefty promotional dollars paid, an endless shaking of Russian Standard martinis is just part of the party at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9 at The Dezer Collection's (200 NE 146th St.) James Bond Experience. Besides the inevitable Pussy Galore jokes, the party also comes with "globetrotting canapés" by chef Adrianne Calvo, entry into the museum's cool James Bond exhibit and a full blown screening of Skyfall at an undisclosed private theater. Tickets are $75 per person and available at www.dezercollection.com.
- Chocolate orgies, apres happy hours, Sunday suppers and late night brunches
- National Martini Day, Nag Champayons at Bardot, Sappho does SoBe plus Sugar Factory & Libertine open
- Jazid celebrates 19 years, get literary with Judy Blume, Hyde Beach blacks out, PARK at LILT
- Bodega, Brandt's Break, Baboons and Audrina Patridge bring on the scene
- An art heist, karaoke night, night swimming, Space Jamming & World Red Eye's big 05
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests
- Sommelier Slam, Thea's Supper Club, Tito Puente, Jr. and YoungArts paints the town
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness