Plenty of new parties popping up, including Nu-Disco at Delano
From Delano to Mansion, and points inbetween
Kinder, Gentler Delano?
Delano's monthly Nu-Disco Young Hearts series aspires to "bring back the spirit of great music and good times sans pretentious attitudes and bottle minimums" and returns from 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13 with a party featuring remixer/producer STORM QUEEN, aka Morgan Geist, who will 'craft a wonderful set filled with emotive strains of disco, techno, soul and all the flavors in between." Residents Andrew Ward, Baby Sean, Bonnie Beats and Inbal Lankry will assist until 2 a.m. For those young hearts still beating, the after party moves down to--where else?--FDR.
There's nothing a certain type of Miamian likes more than seeing his or her name or face in print. It's comical, almost, which is why Brigitte Andrade has been creating her Miami Beach-based comic book The Adventures of Bibi & Friends for 13 years. Andrade will celebrate the book's good mitzvah with a party from 8 p.m. to midnight Wednesday, November 14 at Nikki Beach. A group reunion photo will be taken of all those who have had the good fortune to appear in her books. Tito Puente, Jr., Maryel Epps, Leesa Richards and Randy Singer will perform. A $20 ticket includes open bar from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m. as well as that requisite South Beach gift bag. A portion of the proceeds will go to the victims of Hurricane Sandy in association with Whole Foods Market South Beach. For more information go to www.bibiadventures.com.
MVP of the MPC at Mansion
Abraham Orellana rose to supersonic fame by way of MPC drum machine--on the Internet. And while some may consider him the Bieber of beats, AraabMuzik is no one trick pinup pony, working with everyone from Cam'ron and Vado to The Diplomats, Busta Rhymes and Fabolous. Hear for yourselves when he takes to the turntables around 11 p.m. Friday, Nov. 16 at Mansion. For more information go to www.mansionmiami.com.
A Bonding Experience
Even though 007 commits Bond blasphemy in Skyfall, drinking a--gasp--Heineken because of some hefty promotional dollars paid, an endless shaking of Russian Standard martinis is just part of the party at 7 p.m. Friday, Nov. 9 at The Dezer Collection's (200 NE 146th St.) James Bond Experience. Besides the inevitable Pussy Galore jokes, the party also comes with "globetrotting canapés" by chef Adrianne Calvo, entry into the museum's cool James Bond exhibit and a full blown screening of Skyfall at an undisclosed private theater. Tickets are $75 per person and available at www.dezercollection.com.
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more
- Velvet Underground: Pirate parties at Patpong Road, Palette Miami Festival in the Upper Eastside, and a benefit for DJ Mark Leventhal at FDR at Delano
- Velvet Underground: the Regent Cocktail Club channels Spain on Mondays, Wonderland serves food with a twist, and plenty of party spots for Super Bowl Sunday
- Velvet Underground: Drink around the world in the Design District, go on a Mystery Date for MOCA, and let a lo-fi folk singer serenade you at the Freehand
- Velvet Underground: Two-time Grammy nominated Locos Por Juana play in North Beach, the Taj Mahal in Sunny Isles, and a block party on Miracle Mile in Coral Gables
- Velvet Underground: Speed bartending competition at Avenue D and a medical marijuana benefit concert at Tobacco Road