The West Kendall store is the answer to the prayers of girls who are big on style but low on cash.
The lowdown: True fashionistas know how to tighten their midriff belts when the expendable income starts to dwindle. You can cash in on your chic wardrobe at this new boutique owned by Miami Beach native Janet Nankin, that buys and re-sells fashion forward threads at incredibly discounted prices. This store is the answer to the prayers of girls who are big on style but low on cash.
The 'hood: The boutique is located in London Square, a strip mall in West Kendall anchored by Marshall's and Ross. For ladies looking to hit all the discount stores, Plato's Closet is sure to be first on the list.
The ambience: No frills, thrift store chic. The boutique is wall-to-wall clothes, and a girl could spend hours sifting through the deals. It's as if someone has gone to the Goodwill and dispensed with all of the polyester pants, butterfly collars and mom jeans to leave the stuff that girls would actually buy.
Highlights: Plato's Closet only buys brand names like Hollister, Abercrombie, Old Navy, Lucky Brand, Forever 21 and Express. They offer gently worn jeans, dresses, shoes, purses. Prices range from $8-$20 per item. (I saw a party dress I paid $200 for at BCBG a few years back on the rack for $20.)
Cash in: Nankin pays sellers about 30 to 40% (in cash) of what she believes she can sell the goods for. She doesn't buy things that are in poor condition, ripped, dirty or that wouldn't appeal to young women. Also, she is not going to buy your used undergarments or your Vegas-style sequined bra tops, no matter how nice they are. People have already tried and failed.
13630 SW 120 Street, Miami
- The Showroom Opens In Coconut Grove
- Get Gorgeous At Miami's Best Beauty Emporium
- Men Love Bonobos Shorts. And Bonobos loves Wynwood. See Why...
- Liquido: Seriously Cute Workout Clothes That Will Actually Make You Want To Hit The Gym
- 5 Things You Need to Know About the New Givenchy Store at Aventura Mall
- The 5 Wonders of Wanderlista Boutique
- Fashion Designer Julian Chang Opening Boutique in MiMo District
- Get a Whiff of Diptyque, Bal Harbour’s New Boutique
- KARE Opens Flagship in Midtown Miami
- Tom Ford’s Flagship Opens in Design District