Plant the Future
Plant the Future boutique creates arrangement of succulents, cacti, air plants, orchids, bromeliads and even butterfly cocoons.
Plant the Future
2511 NW 2nd Avenue, Miami
The lowdown: Ditch the dozen of roses. In fact, skip the generic flower idea altogether and score points with a Plant the Future living arrangement of succulents, cacti, air plants, orchids, bromeliads and even butterfly cocoons.
“The concept was born out of my love for nature and passion for art and design. The need to re-affirm our link with nature and to be surrounded with living plants is fundamental. The more we connect with nature, the more peaceful we feel,” says owner Paloma Teppa.
The name: “We want people to be active participants of nature, to show the benefits of live plants in peoples’ lives in the present and in the future,” Teppa explains.
The ‘hood: Located in the Wynwood Art District, neighbors include Joey’s and Wynwood Kitchen & Bar. Surrounded by art galleries and studios, the neighborhood is a perfect fit for the forward-thinking boutique.
The ambience: “It's like an art gallery where the works are the plants. Everything is alive, everything is breathing. We try to create an experience for our visitors where they can relax, feel the energy of the plants, and connect with nature,” Teppa says of the store.
Highlights: Best sellers include the Signature Butterfly Garden ($98), Cacti and Succulent Terrariums ($125 to $570) and White Horses with Air Plants ($200 for small, $500 for large). No need to toss any out after only four days.
- Lilly Pulitzer Opens First Miami Store
- History Meets Home Décor at Bonnin Ashley
- Diane von Furstenberg Opens New Boutique
- Chic Fitness Brand ALALA Debuts at Six:02
- Meet Versona, Miami’s New One-Stop Shop for Style
- VINCE Opens at Village of Merrick Park
- Vanity Projects Brings Luxury Nail Art to the 305
- Jason of Beverly Hills Dazzles the Design District
- Wynwood Letterpress Opens with Handmade Charm
- Warby Parker Annex Finds New Home in Wynwood