Pitbull's World Cup fashion raises eyebrows
Pitbull has long been known for his on-point fashion sense. Onstage, he usually wears impeccably tailored suits in either black or white. And that's makes us Miamians proud.
But perhaps a slip in judgment, a change in stylist, or poor packing decisions has media outlets like The New York Post calling the rapper "Harry High Pants" and a few Twitter users giving him the moniker of the "Cuban Simon Cowell." As a matter of course, these suckers now have their own hashtag, #pitbullspants.
This happened: Pitbull sang the World Cup anthem, We Are One (Ole Ola), at the opening ceremony at the Itaquerao Stadium in Sao Paulo Thursday night, alongside Jennifer Lopez and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte, in way too tight, high-waisted leisure slacks with a Brasil jersey tucked in a la your grandpa. Buzzfeed called his choice of rolled-up trousers “diaper pants,” which may be a little harsh. We prefer “mom jeans.”
Pit, next time don't leave your suits in Miami.
On Our Radar
- See Fort Lauderdale native Jason Kennedy tie the knot
- Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood showcases his photography
- Ne-Yo plays Santa Claus in Kendall
- Rosario Dawson in Miami to talk new movie
- Diner en Blanc lands on Miami Beach
- Annie stars in Miami
- Shakira's mansion reportedly back on the market
- Owen Wilson: I heart Miami
- Kim Bokamper to retire
- A Quick Q&A with Speedster Usain Bolt