Pitbull's World Cup fashion raises eyebrows
Pitbull has long been known for his on-point fashion sense. Onstage, he usually wears impeccably tailored suits in either black or white. And that's makes us Miamians proud.
But perhaps a slip in judgment, a change in stylist, or poor packing decisions has media outlets like The New York Post calling the rapper "Harry High Pants" and a few Twitter users giving him the moniker of the "Cuban Simon Cowell." As a matter of course, these suckers now have their own hashtag, #pitbullspants.
This happened: Pitbull sang the World Cup anthem, We Are One (Ole Ola), at the opening ceremony at the Itaquerao Stadium in Sao Paulo Thursday night, alongside Jennifer Lopez and Brazilian singer Claudia Leitte, in way too tight, high-waisted leisure slacks with a Brasil jersey tucked in a la your grandpa. Buzzfeed called his choice of rolled-up trousers “diaper pants,” which may be a little harsh. We prefer “mom jeans.”
Pit, next time don't leave your suits in Miami.
On Our Radar
- FKA Twigs arriving for YoungArts concert
- Arms closed shut? Scott Stapp's wife files for divorce
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy