Pitbull takes on the Marlins
The Miami-born rapper will perform after the Florida Marlins game on September 4.
Marlins Super Saturdays
with Pitbull and Fat Joe
September 4, 2010
Sun Life Stadium
2269 Dan Marino Blvd.
Miami, FL 33056
Tickets: $11 to $325
For as little as $11, you can get two of South Florida's best entertainment offerings in one night: The Florida Marlins and Pitbull.
Miami-born, Cuban-American rapper Pitbull, along with Nuyorican rapper and sometime South Florida resident Fat Joe, will take the stage September 4 as part of the Marlins' Super Saturdays program, which provides free post-game concerts during Saturday night home games at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens.
And the best part: The performance itself is free with paid admission to the game against National League East rivals the Atlanta Braves.
Pitbull recently released the unintelligible "Watagatapitusberry" from his upcoming first Spanish-language album Armando, which is set to drop on October 12. He also plans to release an English-language album, Planet Pit, shortly after.
Pitbull is no stranger to Marlins Super Saturdays: He co-headlined a bill including fellow Miamians Flo Rida and DJ Laz in April 2009.
Fat Joe, known for hits "What's Luv," "Lean Back" and "Make It Rain," is being billed as a special guest. He released his tenth studio album, The Darkside Vol. 1, in July.
Music in Miami
- Virginia Key Grassroots Festival offers four days of music, camping, fun
- Charlie Wilson performs in Miami this Saturday
- Julio Iglesias, Latin lion in winter, sings Saturday at AmericanAirlines Arena
- Tessanne Chin talks 9 Mile Music Festival
- Andrea Bocelli serenades South Florida for Valentine's Day
- Global Cuba Fest offers new spectrum of music from the island
- Kurt Elling concert celebrates music’s creative minds
- Barry Manilow showing no signs of slowing down
- Review: Billy Joel finds new meaning in familiar favorites at first of two Sunrise concerts
- Saxophonist Kenny Garrett plays Davie Saturday