Pitbull takes on the Marlins
The Miami-born rapper will perform after the Florida Marlins game on September 4.
Marlins Super Saturdays
with Pitbull and Fat Joe
September 4, 2010
Sun Life Stadium
2269 Dan Marino Blvd.
Miami, FL 33056
Tickets: $11 to $325
For as little as $11, you can get two of South Florida's best entertainment offerings in one night: The Florida Marlins and Pitbull.
Miami-born, Cuban-American rapper Pitbull, along with Nuyorican rapper and sometime South Florida resident Fat Joe, will take the stage September 4 as part of the Marlins' Super Saturdays program, which provides free post-game concerts during Saturday night home games at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens.
And the best part: The performance itself is free with paid admission to the game against National League East rivals the Atlanta Braves.
Pitbull recently released the unintelligible "Watagatapitusberry" from his upcoming first Spanish-language album Armando, which is set to drop on October 12. He also plans to release an English-language album, Planet Pit, shortly after.
Pitbull is no stranger to Marlins Super Saturdays: He co-headlined a bill including fellow Miamians Flo Rida and DJ Laz in April 2009.
Fat Joe, known for hits "What's Luv," "Lean Back" and "Make It Rain," is being billed as a special guest. He released his tenth studio album, The Darkside Vol. 1, in July.
Music in Miami
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- French chanteuse SoKo opens for Foster the People at the Fillmore Miami Beach
- Festival Miami brings jazz, classical, pop and more
- Miami-raised Austin Paul talks about III Points Festival in Wynwood
- Marc Anthony returns to Miami
- Mick Jones, Foreigner play Seminole Hard Rock Friday
- Review: Jack White’s rock-fueled show energizes Miami Beach
- Meghan Trainor is more than that ‘bass’
- Review: Erasure more than a nostalgia act during energetic dance party at Fillmore Miami Beach