Pitbull takes on the Marlins
The Miami-born rapper will perform after the Florida Marlins game on September 4.
Marlins Super Saturdays
with Pitbull and Fat Joe
September 4, 2010
Sun Life Stadium
2269 Dan Marino Blvd.
Miami, FL 33056
Tickets: $11 to $325
For as little as $11, you can get two of South Florida's best entertainment offerings in one night: The Florida Marlins and Pitbull.
Miami-born, Cuban-American rapper Pitbull, along with Nuyorican rapper and sometime South Florida resident Fat Joe, will take the stage September 4 as part of the Marlins' Super Saturdays program, which provides free post-game concerts during Saturday night home games at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens.
And the best part: The performance itself is free with paid admission to the game against National League East rivals the Atlanta Braves.
Pitbull recently released the unintelligible "Watagatapitusberry" from his upcoming first Spanish-language album Armando, which is set to drop on October 12. He also plans to release an English-language album, Planet Pit, shortly after.
Pitbull is no stranger to Marlins Super Saturdays: He co-headlined a bill including fellow Miamians Flo Rida and DJ Laz in April 2009.
Fat Joe, known for hits "What's Luv," "Lean Back" and "Make It Rain," is being billed as a special guest. He released his tenth studio album, The Darkside Vol. 1, in July.
Music in Miami
- Tortuga Music Festival rocks the ocean this weekend
- Aaron Lebos reaches a ‘Turning Point’
- Boney James brings sax appeal to Jazz in the Gardens
- Kelly Rowland spreads her wings
- Anthony Hamilton brings smooth sounds to Jazz in the Gardens 2014
- Max Raabe and the Palast Orchester bring vintage sounds to the Arsht Center
- Travie McCoy performs at the WGC Cadillac Championship this Saturday
- Virginia Key Grassroots Festival offers four days of music, camping, fun
- Charlie Wilson performs in Miami this Saturday
- Julio Iglesias, Latin lion in winter, sings Saturday at AmericanAirlines Arena