Pitbull going to Alaska?
Depends on how many likes he gets
He better get a serious down jacket. In a marketing deal, Wal-Mart Stores, will send Pitbull, aka Armando Christian Perez, to the store that gets the most "likes" on its Facebook Inc. page, the AP is reporting. Right now, the leading candidate is Kodiak, Alaska. Why? A writer for The Boston Phoenix newspaper thought it'd be funny to send Pitbull to the most remote Walmart possible, and is encouraging people to "like" the Walmart in Kodiak. Uh oh. That store had more than 35,000 "likes" as of Monday, which is more than five times the population of the town. Attention shoppers: You have until July 16 to like your local stores and get him somewhere else, preferable warmer. One Miami location had just 45 "likes" Monday.
Pitbull seems to be game: “I hear there's bear repellant at Kodiak, Alaska (@walmartspecials," he Tweeted.
On Our Radar
- Atlanta Housewife Kandi Burruss bringing play to Miami
- Cindy Crawford hangs in Bal Harbour
- Singer Lily Allen visits local spots
- Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union show honeymoon pics
- Chris Paciello buys home near country club in Miami Beach
- Locals turn out for Bill Clinton
- Ex Miami restaurateur Josh Woodward murder trial date set for February in Los Angeles
- Hip hop royalty in town
- Concerts from Usher and Adam Levine in South Florida
- Real Wolf of Wall Street coming to Miami