Pitbull going to Alaska?
Depends on how many likes he gets
He better get a serious down jacket. In a marketing deal, Wal-Mart Stores, will send Pitbull, aka Armando Christian Perez, to the store that gets the most "likes" on its Facebook Inc. page, the AP is reporting. Right now, the leading candidate is Kodiak, Alaska. Why? A writer for The Boston Phoenix newspaper thought it'd be funny to send Pitbull to the most remote Walmart possible, and is encouraging people to "like" the Walmart in Kodiak. Uh oh. That store had more than 35,000 "likes" as of Monday, which is more than five times the population of the town. Attention shoppers: You have until July 16 to like your local stores and get him somewhere else, preferable warmer. One Miami location had just 45 "likes" Monday.
Pitbull seems to be game: “I hear there's bear repellant at Kodiak, Alaska (@walmartspecials," he Tweeted.
On Our Radar
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew