Pitbull going to Alaska?
Depends on how many likes he gets
He better get a serious down jacket. In a marketing deal, Wal-Mart Stores, will send Pitbull, aka Armando Christian Perez, to the store that gets the most "likes" on its Facebook Inc. page, the AP is reporting. Right now, the leading candidate is Kodiak, Alaska. Why? A writer for The Boston Phoenix newspaper thought it'd be funny to send Pitbull to the most remote Walmart possible, and is encouraging people to "like" the Walmart in Kodiak. Uh oh. That store had more than 35,000 "likes" as of Monday, which is more than five times the population of the town. Attention shoppers: You have until July 16 to like your local stores and get him somewhere else, preferable warmer. One Miami location had just 45 "likes" Monday.
Pitbull seems to be game: “I hear there's bear repellant at Kodiak, Alaska (@walmartspecials," he Tweeted.
On Our Radar
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage