Pitbull going to Alaska?
Depends on how many likes he gets
He better get a serious down jacket. In a marketing deal, Wal-Mart Stores, will send Pitbull, aka Armando Christian Perez, to the store that gets the most "likes" on its Facebook Inc. page, the AP is reporting. Right now, the leading candidate is Kodiak, Alaska. Why? A writer for The Boston Phoenix newspaper thought it'd be funny to send Pitbull to the most remote Walmart possible, and is encouraging people to "like" the Walmart in Kodiak. Uh oh. That store had more than 35,000 "likes" as of Monday, which is more than five times the population of the town. Attention shoppers: You have until July 16 to like your local stores and get him somewhere else, preferable warmer. One Miami location had just 45 "likes" Monday.
Pitbull seems to be game: “I hear there's bear repellant at Kodiak, Alaska (@walmartspecials," he Tweeted.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how