Pitbull going to Alaska?
Depends on how many likes he gets
He better get a serious down jacket. In a marketing deal, Wal-Mart Stores, will send Pitbull, aka Armando Christian Perez, to the store that gets the most "likes" on its Facebook Inc. page, the AP is reporting. Right now, the leading candidate is Kodiak, Alaska. Why? A writer for The Boston Phoenix newspaper thought it'd be funny to send Pitbull to the most remote Walmart possible, and is encouraging people to "like" the Walmart in Kodiak. Uh oh. That store had more than 35,000 "likes" as of Monday, which is more than five times the population of the town. Attention shoppers: You have until July 16 to like your local stores and get him somewhere else, preferable warmer. One Miami location had just 45 "likes" Monday.
Pitbull seems to be game: “I hear there's bear repellant at Kodiak, Alaska (@walmartspecials," he Tweeted.
On Our Radar
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest