Pirolo's Panino introduces Eating House chef/owner Giorgio Rapicavoli's 'guest' sandwich
The Broccoli Cheesesteak is available August 1-31
There's lots of activity, er, popping up from Michael Pirolo's eponymous Panino pop-up inside Macchialina these days. Say that ten times fast and then reward yourself with The Broccoli Cheesesteak, a $12 'guest chef sandwich' created by Eating House owner/chef Giorgio Rapicavoli from Thursday, August 1 through Saturday, August 31. The "hearty hoagie" features charred broccoli, fontina fondue and burnt pickled onions on an artisan sourdough baguette. Between that and the Banh Mi(lano), among other popular panini, we wondered if the place would actually pop down at the end of August or become, perhaps, a more permanent fixture on the food scene. "It's supposed to, yes," said publicist Ali Jeffries. Some of us were also supposed to be taller than five feet, but, alas . . .
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.