Pirolo's Panino introduces Eating House chef/owner Giorgio Rapicavoli's 'guest' sandwich
The Broccoli Cheesesteak is available August 1-31
There's lots of activity, er, popping up from Michael Pirolo's eponymous Panino pop-up inside Macchialina these days. Say that ten times fast and then reward yourself with The Broccoli Cheesesteak, a $12 'guest chef sandwich' created by Eating House owner/chef Giorgio Rapicavoli from Thursday, August 1 through Saturday, August 31. The "hearty hoagie" features charred broccoli, fontina fondue and burnt pickled onions on an artisan sourdough baguette. Between that and the Banh Mi(lano), among other popular panini, we wondered if the place would actually pop down at the end of August or become, perhaps, a more permanent fixture on the food scene. "It's supposed to, yes," said publicist Ali Jeffries. Some of us were also supposed to be taller than five feet, but, alas . . .
804 Alton Rd.
Open noon-3 p.m. Tues-Sat
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23