Pinecrest Gardens' garden party featured entertainment lineup
Jazz under the stars
Oh what a night. Pinecrest Gardens, hosted its inaugural “Masquerade in the Gardens” benefit gala on Saturday, Nov. 3:
Special VIP guests included Mayor of Pinecrest Cindy Lerner and critically acclaimed jazz artist Nicole Henry.
The fundraiser aimed to support conservation of the celebrated property and its various educational initiatives, including activities for special needs students and various free cultural programs for public schools.
Guests were greeted with photos on the red carpet while being serenaded by Venezuelan recording artist Thania Sanz. The black tie-optional soiree continued under the stars on the property’s Lakeview Terrace, set affront a backdrop of live music by renowned jazz diva Debbie Orta.
Guests enjoyed cocktails courtesy of Bacardi, gourmet fare by Macy’s Catering, and decadent sweets by Lily Pâtisserie’s gourmet cookies, Sinful Sweets pastries, and Filled & Frosted cupcakes, along with colorful entertainment including stilt-walkers, jugglers and fire-eaters. The celebration continued in the meadow, transformed into by Alorè Event Firm, where guests danced to the sounds of the Continental Brass Band and emcee DJ Mike Pileggi.
Pinecrest Gardens provides the community a broad range of enrichment programs that include Arts in the Garden, a six-month performing arts festival composed of 50 theatre, dance, classical music, popular music performances, and its signature series, Jazz at Pinecrest Gardens.
On Our Radar
- Florida girl Megan Fox: Miami has changed so much
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- Win a ride on the Flying Cucumber blimp on June 2
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood