Pilates in Miami
Just in time for bikini season, Pilates workouts at The Pilates Place will strengthen your core and tighten your abs.
The Upper East Side is getting more fit in the shape of a new Pilates studio. Recently opened next to Soyka restaurant on Biscayne Boulevard, locals can give core-strengthening Pilates a whirl at The Pilates Place. The MiMo-based studio joins its sister on South Beach which has been open for seven years under the ownership of Jackie Weiner and Louis Gonzales.
“Pilates exercise focuses on posture, stretching muscles and it's gentle yet effective in terms of losing inches,” Weiner says. “Clients can expect lean, defined muscles — and won’t bulk up,” she adds. Pilates advocates say they've seen improvements in their range of motion, flexibility, circulation, posture, and abdominal strength — and decreases in back, neck and joint pain.
The ambiance at The Pilates Place? Think comforting and quiet. Exposed ceilings, wood floors and large windows create a sunny and warm space.
Weiner’s easy-going yet informative nature will have you taut in no time. She’ll also teach you how to pull your stomach in and pull your shoulders down when home — creating heightened body awareness outside of class. The end result? Improved posture, balance and a toned body. Brilliant.
Private sessions cost $95 while group classes are $38. For a class schedule visit thepilatesplacemiami.com.
The Pilates Place Miami
5400 N.E. 4th Court, Miami
- 7 Ways to Eat Your Way To A Sexy Body
- 6 Feel-Good Facts About WTRMLN WTR
- 7 Tips for a Better Bikini Butt
- Meet Fitness Guru Tracy Anderson!
- Fresh Is Better Delivers Healthy, Handcrafted Meals
- The Fit Shop Opens in North Miami
- SoulCycle Now Open at 1 Hotel South Beach
- SoulCycle Debuts at 1 Hotel South Beach
- September is National Yoga Month
- Home is Where the Barre Is