Photo Exhibit by Jipsy
Peep never-before-seen work of celebrated photographer and videographer, Jipsy Castillo.
Miami has photographer and videographer Jipsy Castillo to thank for documenting Miami's party scene. Locally loved for capturing the true essence of the Magic City, Jipsy will be unveiling never-before-seen works on Saturday, October 13 at 7 p.m. at The Workshop.
Best known for her focus on the nuances of nightlife, “Secluded” will showcase a different, darker side of Jipsy’s photographic range. “‘Secluded’ is a body of work I photographed this year with the intention of creating a cinematographic look at a woman in the 1950s who has snapped after being taken from her fast city lifestyle and into a dull suburbia living,” Jipsy says. “The woman slowly finds herself enraged with her life, as she begins feeling more alone as the months go by.”
The body of work conveys this sequence of events, portraying the life of a woman growing deeper into a state of despair. The imagery is dark, insinuating themes of murder, anguish and loss of identity. The ambiguity of the pieces leaves the observer questioning the woman’s current state-of-mind, motives and intentions.
“Secluded” came together with the assistance of wardrobe stylist Jessica Bosch and is presented on digital print.
This exhibit is free and open to the public as are the Mandarine Napoléon sips.
It's time to get tipsy with Jipsy, Miami.
Jipsy Castillo Photo Exhibit
Saturday, Oct. 13 at 7 p.m. through mid-November
The Workshop, 171 NW 23 Street, Miami
- Louis Vuitton's Latest Launch Is Heavenly Scent
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know Were Sprouting up In the Design District
- Where is the newest H&M going to open in South Florida? We know all the details
- Sawgrass Mills Memorial Day Super Sale
- H&M Aventura Is Getting a Facelift
- Destination Fashion 2016 Recap
- Design on a Dime 2016
- Bal Harbour Shops Hosts Film Festival for Fashion Lovers
- Trina Turk & Mr. Turk Boutique Opening in MiMo
- 9 New Stores At Sawgrass Mills