Phoenix rises at Fillmore
The French rock group will play the Fillmore Miami Beach on October 27.
The Fillmore Miami Beach
at Jackie Gleason Theater
1700 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
You may think you've never heard the music of French rockers Phoenix, but you'd probably be wrong. "1901," from the band's 2009 album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, has been inescapable: It's used on a Cadillac SRX commercial that plays countless times per day, it's on the soundtrack of the NHL 2K10 video game, and has been used in episodes of shows like Melrose Place and The Vampire Diaries.
Now, fresh off a headlining performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago, the group will take the stage at The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater on Wednesday, October 27.
The band, consisting of singer Thomas Mars, guitarists Laurent Brancowitz and Christian Mazzalai and bassist Deck D'Arcy, along with their touring drummer and keyboardist, meld funky rhythms and synthesizers into their brand of danceable, worldly pop-rock. Their 2009 disc won a Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album.
Tickets for the show go on sale Friday, August 20 at 10 a.m. on Live Nation and are $27.50 for general admission.
Music in Miami
- Piano Guys bring pop-classical medleys to the Arsht Center
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says
- Phil Collins unable to sing Saturday night at his foundation’s gala on Miami Beach
- The Hot Sardines bring infectious jazz sound to South Miami on Saturday
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday