Phoenix rises at Fillmore
The French rock group will play the Fillmore Miami Beach on October 27.
The Fillmore Miami Beach
at Jackie Gleason Theater
1700 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
You may think you've never heard the music of French rockers Phoenix, but you'd probably be wrong. "1901," from the band's 2009 album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, has been inescapable: It's used on a Cadillac SRX commercial that plays countless times per day, it's on the soundtrack of the NHL 2K10 video game, and has been used in episodes of shows like Melrose Place and The Vampire Diaries.
Now, fresh off a headlining performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago, the group will take the stage at The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater on Wednesday, October 27.
The band, consisting of singer Thomas Mars, guitarists Laurent Brancowitz and Christian Mazzalai and bassist Deck D'Arcy, along with their touring drummer and keyboardist, meld funky rhythms and synthesizers into their brand of danceable, worldly pop-rock. Their 2009 disc won a Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album.
Tickets for the show go on sale Friday, August 20 at 10 a.m. on Live Nation and are $27.50 for general admission.
Music in Miami
- Phillip Phillips brings raspy rock to Seminole Hard Rock on Saturday
- Review: Pitbull, Enrique Igelsias celebrate Miami at sold out concert
- French chanteuse SoKo opens for Foster the People at the Fillmore Miami Beach
- Festival Miami brings jazz, classical, pop and more
- Miami-raised Austin Paul talks about III Points Festival in Wynwood
- Marc Anthony returns to Miami
- Mick Jones, Foreigner play Seminole Hard Rock Friday
- Review: Jack White’s rock-fueled show energizes Miami Beach
- Meghan Trainor is more than that ‘bass’
- Review: Erasure more than a nostalgia act during energetic dance party at Fillmore Miami Beach