Phoenix rises at Fillmore
The French rock group will play the Fillmore Miami Beach on October 27.
The Fillmore Miami Beach
at Jackie Gleason Theater
1700 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
You may think you've never heard the music of French rockers Phoenix, but you'd probably be wrong. "1901," from the band's 2009 album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, has been inescapable: It's used on a Cadillac SRX commercial that plays countless times per day, it's on the soundtrack of the NHL 2K10 video game, and has been used in episodes of shows like Melrose Place and The Vampire Diaries.
Now, fresh off a headlining performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago, the group will take the stage at The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater on Wednesday, October 27.
The band, consisting of singer Thomas Mars, guitarists Laurent Brancowitz and Christian Mazzalai and bassist Deck D'Arcy, along with their touring drummer and keyboardist, meld funky rhythms and synthesizers into their brand of danceable, worldly pop-rock. Their 2009 disc won a Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album.
Tickets for the show go on sale Friday, August 20 at 10 a.m. on Live Nation and are $27.50 for general admission.
Music in Miami
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure
- Willy Chirino and Carlos Oliva deliver the Miami Sound this Saturday at the Arsht Center
- David Crosby performs songs old and new in Miami
- EC Twins Take Over E11EVEN for Cam Con's Official After Party
- 2015 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Best of the Best Music Fest brings dancehall, soca and reggae to Miami
- Rec Room Turns Up with DJ Craze Friday, May 15