Phoenix rises at Fillmore
The French rock group will play the Fillmore Miami Beach on October 27.
The Fillmore Miami Beach
at Jackie Gleason Theater
1700 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
You may think you've never heard the music of French rockers Phoenix, but you'd probably be wrong. "1901," from the band's 2009 album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, has been inescapable: It's used on a Cadillac SRX commercial that plays countless times per day, it's on the soundtrack of the NHL 2K10 video game, and has been used in episodes of shows like Melrose Place and The Vampire Diaries.
Now, fresh off a headlining performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago, the group will take the stage at The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater on Wednesday, October 27.
The band, consisting of singer Thomas Mars, guitarists Laurent Brancowitz and Christian Mazzalai and bassist Deck D'Arcy, along with their touring drummer and keyboardist, meld funky rhythms and synthesizers into their brand of danceable, worldly pop-rock. Their 2009 disc won a Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album.
Tickets for the show go on sale Friday, August 20 at 10 a.m. on Live Nation and are $27.50 for general admission.
Music in Miami
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Jack White to play Fillmore Miami Beach in September
- 2014 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Review: Romeo Santos seduces Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena concert
- Review: Morrissey shows his talents remain in fine form at sold-out concert at Arsht Center
- Neon Trees performs in South Florida
- Review: Lady Antebellum swoons crowd at Seminole Hard Rock concert
- Indie-rockers The Head and The Heart in Miami
- Il Divo brings Broadway to Miami
- Puerto Rican reggaetoneros Alexis y Fido mentor emerging artists during Billboard Latin Music Conference