Phoenix rises at Fillmore
The French rock group will play the Fillmore Miami Beach on October 27.
The Fillmore Miami Beach
at Jackie Gleason Theater
1700 Washington Ave.
Miami Beach, FL 33139
You may think you've never heard the music of French rockers Phoenix, but you'd probably be wrong. "1901," from the band's 2009 album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, has been inescapable: It's used on a Cadillac SRX commercial that plays countless times per day, it's on the soundtrack of the NHL 2K10 video game, and has been used in episodes of shows like Melrose Place and The Vampire Diaries.
Now, fresh off a headlining performance at Lollapalooza in Chicago, the group will take the stage at The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater on Wednesday, October 27.
The band, consisting of singer Thomas Mars, guitarists Laurent Brancowitz and Christian Mazzalai and bassist Deck D'Arcy, along with their touring drummer and keyboardist, meld funky rhythms and synthesizers into their brand of danceable, worldly pop-rock. Their 2009 disc won a Grammy for Best Alternative Music Album.
Tickets for the show go on sale Friday, August 20 at 10 a.m. on Live Nation and are $27.50 for general admission.
Music in Miami
- Cécile McLorin Salvant displays her jazz vocals Friday, Dec. 20 at Arsht Center
- Review: Kanye West delivers majestic concept concert at AmericanAirlines Arena
- Buika brings her powerful voice to Arsht Center
- Review: Eagles bring 40-year ‘History’ Tour and taste of California to Miami’s AmericanAirlines Arena
- Cultura Profética brings positive vibrations
- Janelle Monae brings her talents to the Fillmore Miami Beach on Saturday
- Tickets go on sale for Paul Simon & Sting Live at the BB&T Center in Sunrise
- Talib Kweli comes to Miami to open for Macklemore and spin at afterparty
- Miami Beach Jazz Festival debuts with Michelle Coltrane as headliner
- Brazilian psychedelic-rock band Os Mutantes rocks out in Miami this Sunday