Philippe Ruiz replacement at Palme D'Or is Joel Robuchon alum Gregory Pugin
Biltmore Hotel's famed Palme D'Or gets new chef de cuisine to replace Philippe Ruiz.
The Biltmore's acclaimed Palm D'Or has a new chef de cuisine. Gregory Pugin has a frou frou French pedigree that includes, among other things, a stint alongside Chef Jean-Marie Gautier at the Hotel de Palais in Biarritz and and as Executive Sous Chef at L’Atelier Joel Robuchon in New York City. Pugin later became the Executive Chef of Veritas in New York and earned a Michelin Star and a Rising Star Chef of the Year nomination from the James Beard Foundation.
Most recently, Pugin was the Executive Chef at Le Cirque Las Vegas, a AAA Five Diamond and Michelin starred restaurant.
“This young, French chef comes to the Biltmore with a lifetime of experience and international recognition for his talent.” said Matthias Kammerer, Managing Director of the Biltmore Hotel.
“His training and dedication to delivering an unforgettable experience is exactly what makes him the ideal talent to carry the torch at Palme d’Or.”
He sticks to classic recipes and techniques, but likes to finish his dishes with a twist, creating presentations that burst to life, says a press rep.
Pugin replaces the acclaimed Philippe Ruiz, who is about to debut at Zuma investor Tuni Puri's Lippi on Brickell.
- Tobacco Road goes adrift: A Miamian's lament of historic bar's corporate partnership
- Pascal Oudin's Brasserie Central opening soon at Merrick Park
- From 1826 to 50 Eggs: Danny Grant to helm 'two new concepts' for John Kunkel's growing culinary empire
- Exclusive! Top Chef Masters' Patricia Yeo is Khong River House's new executive chef
- Japanese speakeasy BLK Orchid opening at Townhouse Hotel Oct. 17
- Coyo Taco Wynwood opening mid November
- Kris Wessel's A.I.R. near Lincoln Road closing after less than 2 months
- Miami Smokers opening retail shop & deli in Little Havana
- Chef Jeremiah's swinesational P.I.G. 5 lineup announced!
- Tickets now on sale for LUCKYRICE Festival's 5th Anniversary by Bombay Sapphire East and hosted by Masaharu Morimoto