Philippe Ruiz replacement at Palme D'Or is Joel Robuchon alum Gregory Pugin
Biltmore Hotel's famed Palme D'Or gets new chef de cuisine to replace Philippe Ruiz.
The Biltmore's acclaimed Palm D'Or has a new chef de cuisine. Gregory Pugin has a frou frou French pedigree that includes, among other things, a stint alongside Chef Jean-Marie Gautier at the Hotel de Palais in Biarritz and and as Executive Sous Chef at L’Atelier Joel Robuchon in New York City. Pugin later became the Executive Chef of Veritas in New York and earned a Michelin Star and a Rising Star Chef of the Year nomination from the James Beard Foundation.
Most recently, Pugin was the Executive Chef at Le Cirque Las Vegas, a AAA Five Diamond and Michelin starred restaurant.
“This young, French chef comes to the Biltmore with a lifetime of experience and international recognition for his talent.” said Matthias Kammerer, Managing Director of the Biltmore Hotel.
“His training and dedication to delivering an unforgettable experience is exactly what makes him the ideal talent to carry the torch at Palme d’Or.”
He sticks to classic recipes and techniques, but likes to finish his dishes with a twist, creating presentations that burst to life, says a press rep.
Pugin replaces the acclaimed Philippe Ruiz, who is about to debut at Zuma investor Tuni Puri's Lippi on Brickell.
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai