Philippe Ruiz replacement at Palme D'Or is Joel Robuchon alum Gregory Pugin
Biltmore Hotel's famed Palme D'Or gets new chef de cuisine to replace Philippe Ruiz.
The Biltmore's acclaimed Palm D'Or has a new chef de cuisine. Gregory Pugin has a frou frou French pedigree that includes, among other things, a stint alongside Chef Jean-Marie Gautier at the Hotel de Palais in Biarritz and and as Executive Sous Chef at L’Atelier Joel Robuchon in New York City. Pugin later became the Executive Chef of Veritas in New York and earned a Michelin Star and a Rising Star Chef of the Year nomination from the James Beard Foundation.
Most recently, Pugin was the Executive Chef at Le Cirque Las Vegas, a AAA Five Diamond and Michelin starred restaurant.
“This young, French chef comes to the Biltmore with a lifetime of experience and international recognition for his talent.” said Matthias Kammerer, Managing Director of the Biltmore Hotel.
“His training and dedication to delivering an unforgettable experience is exactly what makes him the ideal talent to carry the torch at Palme d’Or.”
He sticks to classic recipes and techniques, but likes to finish his dishes with a twist, creating presentations that burst to life, says a press rep.
Pugin replaces the acclaimed Philippe Ruiz, who is about to debut at Zuma investor Tuni Puri's Lippi on Brickell.
- BLT Steak losing the B and adding Seafood to become LT Steak & Seafood
- Grilling this weekend? Here are a grillmaster's '10 Commandments'
- The Stones, McCartney, Dylan & DeRosa! Izzy's Fish & Oyster's Jamie DeRosa repping Miami at The Desert Trip
- The #FoieLife:Chef Jeremiah's Duck Duck Goose quacking in Wynwood June
- 5 last-minute Mother's Day brunches in Miami
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"