Philippe Ruiz leaves Miami's swanky Lippi restaurant
Lauded chef has packed his knives and gone
Lippi, the swanky Brickell restaurant about which Miami Herald reviewer Victoria Pesce Elliott said "could easily become one of Miami’s top fine-dining destinations," has lost its lauded chef, Philippe Ruiz, who previously served stellar cuisine at The Biltmore's Palme d'Or.
"The restaurant will probably change concept," says our source. "They haven't been doing terribly well."
We also spoke with someone who used to work for the restaurant who confirmed Ruiz's departure, telling us, "It's the beginning of the end."
We called Lippi asking for Ruiz and was told he was no longer working there. No further information was given. Stay tuned for any more info on Ruiz's next move.
600 Brickell Ave., Miami
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown