Philippe Ruiz leaves Miami's swanky Lippi restaurant
Lauded chef has packed his knives and gone
Lippi, the swanky Brickell restaurant about which Miami Herald reviewer Victoria Pesce Elliott said "could easily become one of Miami’s top fine-dining destinations," has lost its lauded chef, Philippe Ruiz, who previously served stellar cuisine at The Biltmore's Palme d'Or.
"The restaurant will probably change concept," says our source. "They haven't been doing terribly well."
We also spoke with someone who used to work for the restaurant who confirmed Ruiz's departure, telling us, "It's the beginning of the end."
We called Lippi asking for Ruiz and was told he was no longer working there. No further information was given. Stay tuned for any more info on Ruiz's next move.
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton