Philippe Chow South Beach is out of business
A move to SoFi couldn't save the chic Chinoiserie
After a short stint South of Fifth (opened in November 2011), Philippe Chow has closed. Says our source, "[It was a] disaster in the making for over a year. Ever since the lawsuit. Nobody was coming through the doors. Another restaurateur that came to Miami with too much attitude. In one year they closed Boca, Jericho,NY, Mexico City, and Miami."
A statement from the Philippe Chow says that "We had a great 6 years in Sobe and we are moving out to make room for the 2 hotels currently being built." A Chow insider also hints at a potential move into an as yet unnamed hotel in the area. Stay tuned.
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami
- Caviar launches Miami delivery service from Blue Collar, Miami Smokers and more
- BBQ night at Harry's Pizzeria
- Munch, munch, pass: 4/20 dinner sparks up at Eating House in Coral Gables
- Lindsay Autry, Xavier Torres, Todd Erickson, Jason Pringle, & Richard Hales to compete in Cochon 555
- Phuc-in Yay! Phuc Yea! Vietnamese pop-up to go permanent mid-May
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19