Philippe Chow South Beach is out of business
A move to SoFi couldn't save the chic Chinoiserie
After a short stint South of Fifth (opened in November 2011), Philippe Chow has closed. Says our source, "[It was a] disaster in the making for over a year. Ever since the lawsuit. Nobody was coming through the doors. Another restaurateur that came to Miami with too much attitude. In one year they closed Boca, Jericho,NY, Mexico City, and Miami."
A statement from the Philippe Chow says that "We had a great 6 years in Sobe and we are moving out to make room for the 2 hotels currently being built." A Chow insider also hints at a potential move into an as yet unnamed hotel in the area. Stay tuned.
- Dinner in Paradise: Homestead farm's chef lineup is out!
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro