Philippe Chow South Beach is out of business
A move to SoFi couldn't save the chic Chinoiserie
After a short stint South of Fifth (opened in November 2011), Philippe Chow has closed. Says our source, "[It was a] disaster in the making for over a year. Ever since the lawsuit. Nobody was coming through the doors. Another restaurateur that came to Miami with too much attitude. In one year they closed Boca, Jericho,NY, Mexico City, and Miami."
A statement from the Philippe Chow says that "We had a great 6 years in Sobe and we are moving out to make room for the 2 hotels currently being built." A Chow insider also hints at a potential move into an as yet unnamed hotel in the area. Stay tuned.
- Barley & Swine opening Saturday in Downtown Dadeland
- Doré South Beach and another place is closed
- Macchialina's Michael Pirolo presents Pirolo's Panino Pop-Up, June 4-Aug 31
- Fried chicken tacos & tequila ice pops at Huahua’s Taqueria, opening mid-June on Lincoln Road
- BondSt sushi at The Townhouse closing Sunday to make way for high end, European-style pub
- Zuma launches $wanky Summer Saturday brunch on June 1
- Ms. Cheezious giving away free food & swag today in The Hangover Part III promo
- Executive Chef Wanted: E. Michael Reidt out at Area 31
- Social media stalking travel app names Perricone's as Miami's #1 restaurant
- As the Rumor Mill Churns: Il Mulino to South Beach & a blind item