Philippe Chow South Beach is out of business
A move to SoFi couldn't save the chic Chinoiserie
After a short stint South of Fifth (opened in November 2011), Philippe Chow has closed. Says our source, "[It was a] disaster in the making for over a year. Ever since the lawsuit. Nobody was coming through the doors. Another restaurateur that came to Miami with too much attitude. In one year they closed Boca, Jericho,NY, Mexico City, and Miami."
A statement from the Philippe Chow says that "We had a great 6 years in Sobe and we are moving out to make room for the 2 hotels currently being built." A Chow insider also hints at a potential move into an as yet unnamed hotel in the area. Stay tuned.
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar?
- Mignonette oyster bar in Miami's Edgwater slated for Aug. 1 opening and we have the menu!
- Jerry's Famous Deli on South Beach is now closed
- Now open: N by Naoe, Kevin Cory's new Brickell Key prix fixe lunch spot
- Ibiza club and Señor Frog's opening in South Beach?
- Umami Burger in Miami Beach closed; Blue Collar has new chef de cuisine; Phillip Bryant leaves Swine
- Khong River House experiments with new menu items
- Closed for "summer vacation": La Maison Miami
- CATCH is closed and allegedly moving to a new Miami location
- NYC-based the Chef Agency expands to Miami