PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus
Meet and greet with philanthropic organizations that need your wealth, wisdom and work this Saturday at Miami-Dade College's Wolfson Campus.
PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival
10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, April 12
MDC Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave., Miami
You have been to music festivals, food festivals, comedy festivals, wine festivals, etc. But when was the last time you wandered a festival that motivated you to be a better person? That is the mission of PhilanthroFest, an outdoor festival that connects people to philanthropic organizations by showcasing more than 100 South Florida non-profit organizations at Miami Dade College's Wolfson Campus in downtown Miami. Of course, in the spirit of altruism, the festival is free.
On the itinerary: art exhibitions, musical performances, demonstrations, health screenings, a green market, food trucks, and an assortment of other activities. Attendees can explore and inquire about non-profit organizations representing various causes, including business and economic development; education; animal welfare; arts and cultural development; environmental issues; food, agriculture, and nutrition; civic engagement; health and disease prevention; youth activities, sports and recreation; and community improvement.
“PhilanthroFest is an opportunity for the community to find services or causes that align with their passions and values while providing nonprofits a platform to engage potential donors, volunteers advocates or service recipients,” said Estrellita S. Sibila, an attorney and Executive Director and co-founder of PhilanthroFest in a communication.
PhilanthroFest provides a platform for locals who want to get more involved in the community to find a nonprofit to support as well as a forum for those are in need of services, nonprofits and community agencies to find specific organizations that provide the services they seek.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15