PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus
Meet and greet with philanthropic organizations that need your wealth, wisdom and work this Saturday at Miami-Dade College's Wolfson Campus.
PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival
10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, April 12
MDC Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave., Miami
You have been to music festivals, food festivals, comedy festivals, wine festivals, etc. But when was the last time you wandered a festival that motivated you to be a better person? That is the mission of PhilanthroFest, an outdoor festival that connects people to philanthropic organizations by showcasing more than 100 South Florida non-profit organizations at Miami Dade College's Wolfson Campus in downtown Miami. Of course, in the spirit of altruism, the festival is free.
On the itinerary: art exhibitions, musical performances, demonstrations, health screenings, a green market, food trucks, and an assortment of other activities. Attendees can explore and inquire about non-profit organizations representing various causes, including business and economic development; education; animal welfare; arts and cultural development; environmental issues; food, agriculture, and nutrition; civic engagement; health and disease prevention; youth activities, sports and recreation; and community improvement.
“PhilanthroFest is an opportunity for the community to find services or causes that align with their passions and values while providing nonprofits a platform to engage potential donors, volunteers advocates or service recipients,” said Estrellita S. Sibila, an attorney and Executive Director and co-founder of PhilanthroFest in a communication.
PhilanthroFest provides a platform for locals who want to get more involved in the community to find a nonprofit to support as well as a forum for those are in need of services, nonprofits and community agencies to find specific organizations that provide the services they seek.
See and Do
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'
- Concerts usher in the musical sounds of the new season
- PARK(ing) Day Miami 2015 returns this Friday with mini parks popping up all over Miami
- Free and Cheap things to do in Miami Sept. 18-20