PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus
Meet and greet with philanthropic organizations that need your wealth, wisdom and work this Saturday at Miami-Dade College's Wolfson Campus.
PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival
10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, April 12
MDC Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave., Miami
You have been to music festivals, food festivals, comedy festivals, wine festivals, etc. But when was the last time you wandered a festival that motivated you to be a better person? That is the mission of PhilanthroFest, an outdoor festival that connects people to philanthropic organizations by showcasing more than 100 South Florida non-profit organizations at Miami Dade College's Wolfson Campus in downtown Miami. Of course, in the spirit of altruism, the festival is free.
On the itinerary: art exhibitions, musical performances, demonstrations, health screenings, a green market, food trucks, and an assortment of other activities. Attendees can explore and inquire about non-profit organizations representing various causes, including business and economic development; education; animal welfare; arts and cultural development; environmental issues; food, agriculture, and nutrition; civic engagement; health and disease prevention; youth activities, sports and recreation; and community improvement.
“PhilanthroFest is an opportunity for the community to find services or causes that align with their passions and values while providing nonprofits a platform to engage potential donors, volunteers advocates or service recipients,” said Estrellita S. Sibila, an attorney and Executive Director and co-founder of PhilanthroFest in a communication.
PhilanthroFest provides a platform for locals who want to get more involved in the community to find a nonprofit to support as well as a forum for those are in need of services, nonprofits and community agencies to find specific organizations that provide the services they seek.
See and Do
- YoungArts kicks off Outside the Box series with a show by musician Dave Eggar
- Carbonell winners take the stage at South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami