PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival returns to Wolfson Campus
Meet and greet with philanthropic organizations that need your wealth, wisdom and work this Saturday at Miami-Dade College's Wolfson Campus.
You have been to music festivals, food festivals, comedy festivals, wine festivals, etc. But when was the last time you wandered a festival that motivated you to be a better person? That is the mission of PhilanthroFest, an outdoor festival that connects people to philanthropic organizations by showcasing more than 100 South Florida non-profit organizations at Miami Dade College's Wolfson Campus in downtown Miami. Of course, in the spirit of altruism, the festival is free.
On the itinerary: art exhibitions, musical performances, demonstrations, health screenings, a green market, food trucks, and an assortment of other activities. Attendees can explore and inquire about non-profit organizations representing various causes, including business and economic development; education; animal welfare; arts and cultural development; environmental issues; food, agriculture, and nutrition; civic engagement; health and disease prevention; youth activities, sports and recreation; and community improvement.
“PhilanthroFest is an opportunity for the community to find services or causes that align with their passions and values while providing nonprofits a platform to engage potential donors, volunteers advocates or service recipients,” said Estrellita S. Sibila, an attorney and Executive Director and co-founder of PhilanthroFest in a communication.
PhilanthroFest provides a platform for locals who want to get more involved in the community to find a nonprofit to support as well as a forum for those are in need of services, nonprofits and community agencies to find specific organizations that provide the services they seek.
PhilanthroFest Outdoor Festival
10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday, April 12
MDC Wolfson Campus, 300 NE Second Ave., Miami
See and Do
- Debate watching parties in Miami
- 7 Places You Must Visit in Key Biscayne
- Louis C.K. announces four show run at Arsht Center in November
- Miami public spaces are getting a makeover with these upcoming projects
- 12 Things You Didn't Know about Jean-Michel Basquiat
- 5 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - Sept. 23-25
- Live the nostalgia of ‘¿Qué Pasa, USA?’ this Saturday
- 4 Fitness Events in South Florida for Gym Rats
- Everglades gets funky with Wynwood benefit
- Wade, Mourning and other celebs attend opening of Haitian photography exhibit in Wynwood