Phil Collins wows students at Miami Country Day
Singer's sons attend school
Well, this got the PTA over at Miami Day Country Day school percolating. Against all odds, Phil Collins did a set for parents and kids.
Last week's gig, which included a song Collins rarely does in public, In the Air Tonight, had to gain some brownie points for his two sons Nicholas, 13, and Matthew, 9, who go to the school. We would be interested to see what would happen if one of these kids got an F. Maybe a Genesis reunion?
“Thank you for having me,” said the reclusive performer, whose ex, Orianne Collins Mejjati has a jewelry store in the Design District. “This is a lovely school. And all the kids have been very polite.” Collins even gave a shout-out to MCD’s music teacher Charles Winters and the Middle School Orchestra, who provided able backup.
In December, when Collins was here celebrating Nicholas’ birthday and launching his Little Dreams Foundation in South Florida, the Switzerland resident Told the Miami Herald that he was looking to plunk down stakes here.
Come on down!
See the video here www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jmc6TZ5Guw
On Our Radar
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on
- Where to get hurricane updates without a TV
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Mark Ruffalo at “Before the Flood” screening
- What's closed in Miami because of Hurricane Matthew
- La La Anthony in Miami trying out cocktails