Phil Collins wows students at Miami Country Day
Singer's sons attend school
Well, this got the PTA over at Miami Day Country Day school percolating. Against all odds, Phil Collins did a set for parents and kids.
Last week's gig, which included a song Collins rarely does in public, In the Air Tonight, had to gain some brownie points for his two sons Nicholas, 13, and Matthew, 9, who go to the school. We would be interested to see what would happen if one of these kids got an F. Maybe a Genesis reunion?
“Thank you for having me,” said the reclusive performer, whose ex, Orianne Collins Mejjati has a jewelry store in the Design District. “This is a lovely school. And all the kids have been very polite.” Collins even gave a shout-out to MCD’s music teacher Charles Winters and the Middle School Orchestra, who provided able backup.
In December, when Collins was here celebrating Nicholas’ birthday and launching his Little Dreams Foundation in South Florida, the Switzerland resident Told the Miami Herald that he was looking to plunk down stakes here.
Come on down!
See the video here www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jmc6TZ5Guw
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber settles paparazzo lawsuit
- Sara Bareilles to headline gala
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade