Petra Nemcova, in Aventura, talks high profile relationship
Model in love
Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova isn't hiding her relationship with Haitian prime minister Laurent Lamothe, 41. "We are involved, and I am very happy," Nemcova told People on Saturday while at Bloomingdales Aventura to introduce a line of candles, Be the Light New York. The onetime Dancing with the Stars contestant, 34, actually lives in Port-au-Prince, working on her Happy Hearts Fund, rebuilding schools ravaged by natural disasters.
Nemcova lost her fiance, photographer Simon Atlee, in the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and was badly injured herself. Since calling off her engagement to actor Jamie Belman in 2012, Nemcova has been an ambassador at large for Haiti, where she met Lamothe.
On Our Radar
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA
- Def Leppard in concert
- Teen Mom 2 star gets plastic surgery in Miami
- Take a class with a dancing pro