Petra Nemcova, in Aventura, talks high profile relationship
Model in love
Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova isn't hiding her relationship with Haitian prime minister Laurent Lamothe, 41. "We are involved, and I am very happy," Nemcova told People on Saturday while at Bloomingdales Aventura to introduce a line of candles, Be the Light New York. The onetime Dancing with the Stars contestant, 34, actually lives in Port-au-Prince, working on her Happy Hearts Fund, rebuilding schools ravaged by natural disasters.
Nemcova lost her fiance, photographer Simon Atlee, in the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and was badly injured herself. Since calling off her engagement to actor Jamie Belman in 2012, Nemcova has been an ambassador at large for Haiti, where she met Lamothe.
On Our Radar
- It's official: Dwyane Wade has custody of his nephew
- Attend a Miami Vice discussion
- The Music of Miami Vice
- Miami Vice Quiz
- Which Miami Vice Detective Are You?
- Miami Vice Revisited - An Interactive Map
- Two local sisters compete on Amazing Race
- Talking to Bernice, 'South Beach Tow' fan favorite
- Celebrity spotting: NFL player and beauty queen
- Chris Bosh gets second mortgage on his house