Petra Nemcova, in Aventura, talks high profile relationship
Model in love
Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova isn't hiding her relationship with Haitian prime minister Laurent Lamothe, 41. "We are involved, and I am very happy," Nemcova told People on Saturday while at Bloomingdales Aventura to introduce a line of candles, Be the Light New York. The onetime Dancing with the Stars contestant, 34, actually lives in Port-au-Prince, working on her Happy Hearts Fund, rebuilding schools ravaged by natural disasters.
Nemcova lost her fiance, photographer Simon Atlee, in the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and was badly injured herself. Since calling off her engagement to actor Jamie Belman in 2012, Nemcova has been an ambassador at large for Haiti, where she met Lamothe.
On Our Radar
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook
- Pokemon Go Invades Miami and here’s our cheat sheet