Petra Nemcova, in Aventura, talks high profile relationship
Model in love
Czech supermodel Petra Nemcova isn't hiding her relationship with Haitian prime minister Laurent Lamothe, 41. "We are involved, and I am very happy," Nemcova told People on Saturday while at Bloomingdales Aventura to introduce a line of candles, Be the Light New York. The onetime Dancing with the Stars contestant, 34, actually lives in Port-au-Prince, working on her Happy Hearts Fund, rebuilding schools ravaged by natural disasters.
Nemcova lost her fiance, photographer Simon Atlee, in the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami and was badly injured herself. Since calling off her engagement to actor Jamie Belman in 2012, Nemcova has been an ambassador at large for Haiti, where she met Lamothe.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on