Eating House's free chocolate cooking demo December 9 at The Stage
Free & open to the public cooking demo is part of The Stage's Art Basel lineup
Eating House's Giorgio Rapicavoli is doing his own performance art this week, preparing original, chocolate inspired dishes with partner Henry Hané in a free and open to the public cooking demo at 7 p.m. Sunday, December 9. Ingredients will be provided by Miami Gardens-based chocolate producer Tierra Nueva, which bills itself as the Willy Wonka Chocolate Factory in Miami.
“We’re really stoked to be working with Tierra Nueva at Eating House,” said Rapicavoli. “Between being locally made and its insane flavor, it makes for one of the best chocolates we’ve worked with in a while. The demo at The Stage is going to be a great lesson on how to use chocolate in new ways many haven’t thought of before.”
Best of all, you'll get to sample the dishes and wash them down with chocolate-infused Caipirinha cocktails by Remy V. All you need to do is RSVP here. Following the demo, the Brazilian Film Festival will screen some flicks during which time you'll get free coffee drinks and Tierra Nueva Coffee Thins.
7 p.m. Sunday, December 9
The Stage Miami
170 Northeast 38th Street
- A night of dishing on Miami's culinary scene at Wynwood Yard
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"