People From Venus LIVE at Sweat Records
The popular indie band land at Miami's iconic record store for a special in-store performance on Thursday, March 18.
The electro, indie, pop band, People From Venus are landing in Miami on Thursday, March 18th for a special up, close, and personal, LIVE in store performance at Sweat Records. This group has been climbing the ranks in the indie music scene with hits “Kite”, “Light War”, "Lipstick", and more. In 2009 they were named one of the best undiscovered bands by Spin Magazine.
It’s been a rollercoaster ride for them as they have exploded with popularity and to show how appreciative they are to the fans, they’re making an intergalactic trip to Miami. They’ll be celebrating the release of their debut album TOOT TOOT YEAH; which dropped on March 3, 2010, with an intimate performance that will feature tracks from the album for all their loyal fans.
If your not familiar with this group or their music, then let me clue you in. Their sound has been described as gritty UK Punk with a snarl and some added sexual swagger. Their current single "Lipstick" has been heating up the airwaves all through the UK; it's become a favorite amongst glam-rockers, trendsetters, and hipsters; see for yourself why these guys have become such an international hit while getting to know them in a more personal setting. Whether you a loyal fan, or just an avid music enthusiast this is one group to keep your eye on. Check them out on Thursday at Sweat Records. The show starts at 8 p.m. See you there!
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: EDGE Steak & Bar at the Four Seasons Miami
- Chocolate orgies, apres happy hours, Sunday suppers and late night brunches
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Tongue & Cheek in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Bombay Sapphire Negroni
- Bodega, Brandt's Break, Baboons and Audrina Patridge bring on the scene
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Tamarina in Brickell