Pubbelly's PB Fish menu goes full-time at PB Steak in Miami Beach
Pubbelly's pescatarian pop-up goes permanent on the menu
While some folks considered PB Fish, a seafood "pop-up" within PB Steak, to be little more than a glorified happy hour menu, you can file it under "semantics" as the masterminds behind the Pubbelly empire have decided to permanently add the PB Fish menu to PB Steak's main menu starting Thursday, May 1.
Diners will notice changes on the PB Steak & Oyster Bar menu, including more raw bar items and seafood entrees. This, hot on the heels of the news of Mignonette, the new oyster bar coming soon from Blue Collar's Danny Serfer and Miami blogger Ryan Roman.
Are oyster bars the new steakhouses? In Pubbelly's case, it's all the same. A news release of the PB Fish-Steak merger says the idea is to operate "as if the two concepts married."
Other newly permanent menu items include:
We Peel You Eat Shrimp with barbeque spices and kimchi cocktail sauce, Tuna Tartare Sliders topped with seaweed, spicy mayo, ginger and sesame, a buttery Maine Lobster Roll, PB Taquitos, Croquetas de Seafood with a spicy aioli, Local Mahi on spices tostones, Popcorn Rock Shrimp with gochujang aioli, yuzu, lemon, scallions and garlic ponzu, and Little Neck Steamers in white wine, garlic, pancetta and dry chiles with country toast.
Larger seafood plates include The Fish Market ($25-MP) with Nantucket Bay scallops, local sweet corn, confit pearl onions and bacon jus; Miso Roasted Black Cod from Alaska with housemade pickled vegetables and lemon; local Whole Yellowtail Snapper with citrus herb salad and dipping sauces; and local Olive Oil Poached Wahoo with grilled romaine, lemon and Vizcaina sauce.
A special PB Fish lunch offering fresh local fish, salads, ceviches and snacks, as well as a $25 set menu, is planned for sometime this summer.
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton
- New taco shop to open Dec. 29 in Miami Beach
- STK Miami opening delayed after sprinkler accident causes extensive damage