Pubbelly's PB Fish menu goes full-time at PB Steak in Miami Beach
Pubbelly's pescatarian pop-up goes permanent on the menu
While some folks considered PB Fish, a seafood "pop-up" within PB Steak, to be little more than a glorified happy hour menu, you can file it under "semantics" as the masterminds behind the Pubbelly empire have decided to permanently add the PB Fish menu to PB Steak's main menu starting Thursday, May 1.
Diners will notice changes on the PB Steak & Oyster Bar menu, including more raw bar items and seafood entrees. This, hot on the heels of the news of Mignonette, the new oyster bar coming soon from Blue Collar's Danny Serfer and Miami blogger Ryan Roman.
Are oyster bars the new steakhouses? In Pubbelly's case, it's all the same. A news release of the PB Fish-Steak merger says the idea is to operate "as if the two concepts married."
Other newly permanent menu items include:
We Peel You Eat Shrimp with barbeque spices and kimchi cocktail sauce, Tuna Tartare Sliders topped with seaweed, spicy mayo, ginger and sesame, a buttery Maine Lobster Roll, PB Taquitos, Croquetas de Seafood with a spicy aioli, Local Mahi on spices tostones, Popcorn Rock Shrimp with gochujang aioli, yuzu, lemon, scallions and garlic ponzu, and Little Neck Steamers in white wine, garlic, pancetta and dry chiles with country toast.
Larger seafood plates include The Fish Market ($25-MP) with Nantucket Bay scallops, local sweet corn, confit pearl onions and bacon jus; Miso Roasted Black Cod from Alaska with housemade pickled vegetables and lemon; local Whole Yellowtail Snapper with citrus herb salad and dipping sauces; and local Olive Oil Poached Wahoo with grilled romaine, lemon and Vizcaina sauce.
A special PB Fish lunch offering fresh local fish, salads, ceviches and snacks, as well as a $25 set menu, is planned for sometime this summer.
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach