Pawpurrazzi takes over Jungle Island on Friday
Sixth year for dog-gone event that benefits the Humane Society of Greater Miami
Pawpurrazzi, the event that attracts local luminaries and their dogs and benefits the Humane Society of Greater Miami, returns for its sixth year on Friday, Jan. 24 at Jungle Island (1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami) with a “Travel to London” theme.
The event is presented by South Motors, is chaired by Pat and Milton Wallace and Bunny Bastian and will be hosted by CBS4 anchors Cynthia Demos and Eliott Rodriguez.
Over 400 local celebs and their dogs will enjoy a party including a musical performance highlighting cats with many selections from Aristocats, scrumptious food, toe-tapping music, an exciting haute couture silent auction and fun activities for both two-legged and four-legged guests. Jungle Island will be dressed up in London décor created by Karla Dascal of Karla Conceptual Event Experiences.
Last year, more than $550,000 was raised to help care for the 300 homeless animals at the shelter.
Tickets are $550, $750, $1,000, per person or for tables - $5,500, $7,500, $10,000. For information call Laurie Hoffman at 305-749-1815 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See and Do
- Disney on ice, mini camps & specialty crafts - Munchkin Fun's picks for the week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 19-21
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Flamenco legend Antonio Canales performs with 'Siudy Between Worlds' at the Arsht Center
- Disney's 'Worlds of Fantasy' skates into Miami
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation