Pawpurrazzi takes over Jungle Island on Friday
Sixth year for dog-gone event that benefits the Humane Society of Greater Miami
Pawpurrazzi, the event that attracts local luminaries and their dogs and benefits the Humane Society of Greater Miami, returns for its sixth year on Friday, Jan. 24 at Jungle Island (1111 Parrot Jungle Trail, Miami) with a “Travel to London” theme.
The event is presented by South Motors, is chaired by Pat and Milton Wallace and Bunny Bastian and will be hosted by CBS4 anchors Cynthia Demos and Eliott Rodriguez.
Over 400 local celebs and their dogs will enjoy a party including a musical performance highlighting cats with many selections from Aristocats, scrumptious food, toe-tapping music, an exciting haute couture silent auction and fun activities for both two-legged and four-legged guests. Jungle Island will be dressed up in London décor created by Karla Dascal of Karla Conceptual Event Experiences.
Last year, more than $550,000 was raised to help care for the 300 homeless animals at the shelter.
Tickets are $550, $750, $1,000, per person or for tables - $5,500, $7,500, $10,000. For information call Laurie Hoffman at 305-749-1815 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
See and Do
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31
- 6 reasons Miami's drive-in theater is better than Netflix and chill
- Miami Events - February 2016
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 22-24
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida