Paula DaSilva returns to where it all began as executive chef at 3030 Ocean in Ft. Lauderdale
As 1500 Degrees falls below zero, DaSilva returns to a familiar kitchen
As we reported last Thursday in the Rumor Mill, 1500 Degrees at the Eden Roc, soon to be renamed and reconceived, has experienced a mass exodus including that of its executive chef, Paula DaSilva, who is returning to her old cooking grounds of 3030 Ocean at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in Fort Lauderdale.
“My time at 3030 Ocean was instrumental in my development as a chef,” said DaSilva, a Hell’s Kitchen runner up. “Returning to Harbor Beach gives me a wonderful opportunity to honor its past and be a part of its exciting new future.”
The resort's pretty psyched too. “We’re thrilled to welcome back Paula,” says property General Manager Kimberly Wilson. “There are many exciting things in the works. We see Paula’s return here as part of this property’s ongoing evolution and growth as a dining and social hotspot for visitors and locals alike.”
DaSilva's stint at 3030 Ocean begins on August 1.
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef
- Newly crowned Prince of Porc, Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, giving away free food Feb 20