Paula DaSilva returns to where it all began as executive chef at 3030 Ocean in Ft. Lauderdale
As 1500 Degrees falls below zero, DaSilva returns to a familiar kitchen
As we reported last Thursday in the Rumor Mill, 1500 Degrees at the Eden Roc, soon to be renamed and reconceived, has experienced a mass exodus including that of its executive chef, Paula DaSilva, who is returning to her old cooking grounds of 3030 Ocean at the Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa in Fort Lauderdale.
“My time at 3030 Ocean was instrumental in my development as a chef,” said DaSilva, a Hell’s Kitchen runner up. “Returning to Harbor Beach gives me a wonderful opportunity to honor its past and be a part of its exciting new future.”
The resort's pretty psyched too. “We’re thrilled to welcome back Paula,” says property General Manager Kimberly Wilson. “There are many exciting things in the works. We see Paula’s return here as part of this property’s ongoing evolution and growth as a dining and social hotspot for visitors and locals alike.”
DaSilva's stint at 3030 Ocean begins on August 1.
- Morimoto South Beach opening October 1 and we have the menu!
- Top Chef Masters contestant Herb Wilson is executive chef of SoFi's forthcoming Red Ginger
- Michelle Bernstein to bring a little Crumb on Parchment to Miami Dolphins games
- Albert Trummer's Drawing Room Bar & Lounge to open at new Shelborne
- Seasalt & Pepper slammed with new lawsuits
- La Maison owes $12,922.69 in back rent
- Adria Alum opening Piripi in the Gables
- London's Coya opening on Brickell
- Unlimited tacos and beer for $18.21 debuts at Toro Toro
- New kitchen leadership at Bocce Bar