Paula Abdul: Straight up
The former American Idol judge emcees benefit
Saturday, November 6 7:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception 8:30 p.m. Dinner, Live Auction, Celebrity Entertainment, Dancing InterContinental Miami 100 Chopin Plaza
What's Paula Abdul been up to since leaving American Idol? Charitable things. If your wish is to meet her, all you have to do is buy a ticket to Saturday's Make A Wish Ball. She's the emcee.
The party, organizers say, will have a Zen, Asian like theme, so you can stay chill. Though a performance by Tony Award-winning musical group Jersey Boys ought to get you moving. “This year’s Ball is destined to be the most memorable yet,” said Norman Wedderburn, President and CEO of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida.
“We have a very special and impactful line-up of events planned this year that, when coupled with the impressive list of participants and supporters – most notably, Paula Abdul – will make for an unforgettable evening and the perfect celebration following a record-breaking year of wish granting.”
On Our Radar
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV