Paula Abdul: Straight up
The former American Idol judge emcees benefit
Saturday, November 6 7:00 p.m. Cocktail Reception 8:30 p.m. Dinner, Live Auction, Celebrity Entertainment, Dancing InterContinental Miami 100 Chopin Plaza
What's Paula Abdul been up to since leaving American Idol? Charitable things. If your wish is to meet her, all you have to do is buy a ticket to Saturday's Make A Wish Ball. She's the emcee.
The party, organizers say, will have a Zen, Asian like theme, so you can stay chill. Though a performance by Tony Award-winning musical group Jersey Boys ought to get you moving. “This year’s Ball is destined to be the most memorable yet,” said Norman Wedderburn, President and CEO of the Make-A-Wish Foundation of Southern Florida.
“We have a very special and impactful line-up of events planned this year that, when coupled with the impressive list of participants and supporters – most notably, Paula Abdul – will make for an unforgettable evening and the perfect celebration following a record-breaking year of wish granting.”
On Our Radar
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Dwyane Wade & Gabrielle Union: man and wife
- HGTV’s David Bromstad whips up new Coffee-mate bottle designs
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig