Tag Heuer party in Miami Beach brings out the celebs
Tag Heuer celebrates 150th anniversary with event at The Temple House
Local celebs made, um, time Thursday night for a fab party thrown by TAG Heuer.
Hands on deck at the Temple House in Miami Beach included Jupiter-based Olivia Newton-John and her herb magnate hubby, John Easterling; The Glades' stars Michelle Hurd, Matt Passmore and Carlos Gomez; and Palm Beach rapper Vanilla Ice, who has a home makeover DIY show coming out in October, The Vanilla Ice Project.
Guests ogled vintage watches behind glass and noshed on tuna tartare, deconstructed salad, ceviche and mini burgers.
The highlight of the evening: Burn Notice star Jeffrey Donovan zipping into the space behind the wheel of a Tesla Roadster. The electric super car is traveling around the world on the Odyssey of Pioneers tour, a celebration of the Swiss luxury brand's 150th anniversary.
The $100,000 battery- powered auto (no fumes) accelerates from 0-60 in 3.7 seconds. Miami's favorite spy was grinning ear to ear as he zoomed around the appreciative crowd.
"Now," commented Hurd, "that's an entrance!''
On Our Radar
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters
- Talking to Beyonce's fitness guru Marco Borges