Party Patrol - Miami Carnival Edition
Miami Carnival parades into Miami’s nightclubs all week long
It’s time for the biggest Caribbean Festival of the year and the parties will be rocking throughout South Florida. North, south, and on the water - there’s a dancehall celebration for everyone. Here’s a special Party Patrol Carnival Edition!
THURSDAY, OCT. 4
Girl Power Miami
2200 East 4th Ave., Hialeah
Islands United presents the 12th Annual Girl Power Event at Hialeah Park. There will be a cast of DJs and performances by top Caribbean artists such as Machel Montano & the HD Family, Patrice Roberts, Nisha B and more. Hosted by Vanessa James and Barry Hype, this promises to be one of the biggest events carnival weekend. Doors open at 8 p.m. For information and tickets call 646-372-1895 or go to www.islandmix.com or www.islandsunited.com
FRIDAY, OCT. 5
Sun Rum & Soca on the Water
On the waters of Miami Beach
Forget the clubs - take the party to the water for the first Official Sun Rum & Soca Party In D Water. Two boats, a private sandbar, all-inclusive food and drinks, and music to keep you dancing through the day. Boat leaves from Waxy’s on the River at 3 p.m. For tickets (currently available for $125) or info call 561-66-2503.
Miami Carnival 2012 Wear What U Dare at SoBe Live
1203 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
SoBe Live welcomes Miami Carnival weekend with a special Wear What U Dare edition of Friday Night Live in honor of the festivities. Admission is only $25 in advance. There will be a LIVE surprise performance and music by SBSSHutdown Allstar DJs throughout the night.
Sextacular De’ Miami Carnival Edition
1100 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Celebrate Columbus Weekend and Carnival all in one at Casa Moderna in downtown Miami. Dance the night away to music by DJ Dougla from the Aspire Family Ent. and Doe $ Works and many more. Special guests Tony B, SLI, and more will keep the party hype while hosting the night. Doors open at 8 p.m., tickets are $25 in advance and $40 for VIP. Get them while you can by calling 347-813-5948
SATURDAY, OCT. 6
Wet Fete Pool Party at the Deauville
6701 Collins Ave., Miami
Rain or shine the Deauville Beach Resort will be rocking from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. for the Carnival/Columbus WetFete pool party event. Ladies in swimwear are in free until 3 p.m. There will be soca, reggae, hip-hop, and much more. Hosted by Mr. Groovy Benjai alongside D-Life, the day will be filled with performances by GBM, Supa B, DJ Bulletproof, Massive B, Young Chow and Steelie Black, to name just a few. For more information go to Socavivor.com.
Miami Carnival 2012 We the Best at SoBe Live
1203 Washington Ave., Miami Beach
Sobe Live continues with the Carnival Weekend Main Event hosted by the Gully God, and special guest, reggae, dancehall star, Mavado. DJ line-up includes DJ Black Chiney, DJ Exeqtive and DJ Nasty from 99 Jamz. Doors open at 11 p.m. Tickets are currently available on wantickets.com.
SUNDAY, OCT. 7
Jabba Strikes Back at Bongos
601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami
Sunday head to Bongo’s for Jabba Strikes Back a Miami Colors Affair and dance till you drop. Inside you’ll get a little of everything while on the outside patio you can dance Soca all night long. Doors open at 11 p.m. and ladies are in free until 11:45 p.m. To purchase tickets in advance call 305-438-9488
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Questlove spin session, Florida Derby fancy hat brunch, Spoken Soul, and more
- Miami Soul: Pre-Jazz in the Gardens weekend guide
- Miami Soul: R. Kelly, Toni Braxton, Maxwell, & Erykah Badu Headline 10th Annual Jazz in the Gardens
- Miami Soul Going Out Guide: Our Family Dinner, The Color Purple stage play, Redman & Talib Kweli live, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Women's Innovation Brunch, Carib Film Fest, Delta Sigma Theta Red Shoe Luncheon, and more
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Ankara Miami African Fashion Week, Alvin Ailey Dance Theater, Big Night in Little Haiti, and more
- Techies, Innovators Converge in Miami for Black Tech Week February 23 - 28
- Miami Soul weekend guide: 9 Mile Music Festival, Jazz & Love Concert, Purvis Young Opening Reception, and more
- Miami Soul: Black History Month 2015 Celebrations around South Florida
- Miami Soul weekend guide: Super Bowl weekend fun