Pantone Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid
Emerald is out. Purple is in. Pantone, the global authority on all things hue-related, crowns Radiant Orchid as the color of 2014.
Forget Tangerine Tango. And Emerald is out. Purple is in. The moment Pantone, the global authority on all things hue-related, crowned Radiant Orchid as the color of 2014, the fashion set clamored for the the dreamy purple pigmentation.
“While the 2013 color of the year, Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute Leatrice Eiseman, says.
As for that winning color, think magical. “An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm,” Eiseman adds.
From a fashion POV, we can totally see what inspired Pantone’s pick; pale, vibrant purples were all over the Spring 2014 runways at Dior, Prabal Gurung, Missoni, Burberry Prorsum and Chanel, to name just a few. And beauty-wise, we think Radiant Orchid’s a great choice: just think of all those bold eye shadow palettes to come. From an accessories standpoint, purple makes any ensemble pop! with aplomb.
Pictured here are our top purple picks for you:
1. Archipelago Botanicals Goji Berry Votive Candle ($9.50)
2. Oasis Big Lock Cross Body Bag ($49)
3. Oasis Lola Cowl Shift Dress ($72)
4. Oasis V Neck Blouse ($49)
5. Archipelago Botanicals Kadota Fig Boxed Candle ($29.50)
6. Jamberry Nails Radiant Orchid Collection Nail Wraps ($15.00 each)
- Dwayne Wade to Sell Clothing for Charity
- Aventura Mall Happenings
- Fall 2014's Top Trends
- Normcore: Bland is the New Black
- The Top Three Trends of the 90s That Are Back Again
- Sneaker Trend
- Sawgrass Mills Scores More Exclusive Shops
- Ultra Cool Fashion
- Miami Dade College Offering Fashion Program
- David Beckham Bodywear for H&M