Pantone Color of the Year: Radiant Orchid
Emerald is out. Purple is in. Pantone, the global authority on all things hue-related, crowns Radiant Orchid as the color of 2014.
Forget Tangerine Tango. And Emerald is out. Purple is in. The moment Pantone, the global authority on all things hue-related, crowned Radiant Orchid as the color of 2014, the fashion set clamored for the the dreamy purple pigmentation.
“While the 2013 color of the year, Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” Executive Director of the Pantone Color Institute Leatrice Eiseman, says.
As for that winning color, think magical. “An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm,” Eiseman adds.
From a fashion POV, we can totally see what inspired Pantone’s pick; pale, vibrant purples were all over the Spring 2014 runways at Dior, Prabal Gurung, Missoni, Burberry Prorsum and Chanel, to name just a few. And beauty-wise, we think Radiant Orchid’s a great choice: just think of all those bold eye shadow palettes to come. From an accessories standpoint, purple makes any ensemble pop! with aplomb.
Pictured here are our top purple picks for you:
1. Archipelago Botanicals Goji Berry Votive Candle ($9.50)
2. Oasis Big Lock Cross Body Bag ($49)
3. Oasis Lola Cowl Shift Dress ($72)
4. Oasis V Neck Blouse ($49)
5. Archipelago Botanicals Kadota Fig Boxed Candle ($29.50)
6. Jamberry Nails Radiant Orchid Collection Nail Wraps ($15.00 each)
- Serpentine Style: Meet Python Handbag Designer Ximena Kavalekas
- 14 Street Style Looks at Miami Fashion Week that Show What’s Trending in the Magic City
- H&M Launches Coachella Collection
- 7 things you didn't know about designer Rachel Roy & her first book, "Design Your Life"
- 6 Spring 2016 Trends You Need To Try Now
- Like Father, Like Son: Le Club Swimwear
- Dadeland Mall Announces New Stores and Store Expansions
- Designer Corinna Saias Mixes Ancient Greece with South Beach
- Nordstrom Rack to Open in Midtown
- H&M Opening Another South Florida Store