Panther Coffee’s Beats and Brew takes over Wynwood Art Walk
Lucky Strike’s happy hour deals bowl us over
The real buzz around the Wynwood Art Walk is obviously at Panther Coffee, 2390 NW 2nd Ave., which, from 7 p.m. until 1 a.m. on Saturday, Aug. 11 is throwing, along with the Awarehouse, Happy Birthday Beats & Brew, Artwalk Edition. The one year anniversary of the jumping' java house’s live local music event, Beats & Brew, is free and sponsored by Monster Sound Productions. On the roster: DJPM, Kirkjon, Axl, Organicarma, Spinzinn, and Luke Hunter. There's also live painting by artist Albert Jeffers.
Lucky Strike Miami (1691 Michigan Ave., Miami Beach) can't help you with your bowling average, but they can help you with your bottom line thanks to a few good happy hour deals. From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. and 10 p.m. to 1 a.m. Monday through Thursday, and from 4 p.m. until 9 p.m. on Fridays, the South Beach bowling lounge offers $3 Coronas, $4 house wines, drafts and well drinks and $5 appetizers. That's a lucky strike on your wallet.
Not all hot air is being blown in the presidential race. In fact, much of it originates right here on South Beach, making it imperative to cool off any which way you can. The National Hotel's Pool Party (1677 Collins Ave., Miami Beach) is one excellent way, from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 12 featuring DJ Bryan Peroni, $8 cocktail specials, no covers and, promises the promoters, "Good times. Sundays will never be the same." Again, more hot air, but at least you now know where to go to blow it off.
Too Cool for School?
Everyone knows someone who still thinks and acts like they are in high school, whether it be the classy ladies from the Real Housewives franchise or your toolish best friend. Enabling those people further is the first annual Beach High Summer Bash at 9 p.m. Saturday, Aug. 11 at the Catalina Beach Club (1756 Collins Ave., Miami Beach), a most apros pos place for such an affair. Graduates of all years and their guests are invited. There will be performances by select graduates with certifiable talent. Wristbands - that's college, not high school - are $35 per person and include all you can drink (high school and college?) for three hours plus one hour of appetizers. The package is optional, but you can reserve your wristband at www.beachhighsummerbash.com. Money raised from the event will go to the school's percussion program. How Gleeful that makes us!
- Free Whiskey, rooftop revelry & parties for those who love and couldn't care less about the Super Bowl
- Naughty By Nature at LIV, Fashion on Film at Bal Harbour, The Art of Rum and Spam
- Happy hours, Pink Floyd yoga, Trick Daddy, jazz & Nu Deco
- Miami Heat after party, EPIC new happy hours, Life in Color & Wine & Reggae in Wynwood
- Ballers: National YoungArts, The Big Lebowski, Digweed & more!
- The same auld lang syne: New Year's Day pool parties, bowl game boozing & National YoungArts Week
- That's so 2015: Velvet Underground does New Year's Eve
- Matzo Balling, High End Hookahs, Electric Piquete at Woody's & the Weeknd's After Party
- Justin Bieber's surprise visit--and performance--at Wall
- Art, music, booze, cartoons & sado masochism! It's not Art Basel anymore, it's just good ol' Miami